Windows 10: Sound issue at booting up

Discus and support Sound issue at booting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem with audio and video at the booting up. It is an old problem which I am unable to solve. When I first boot my PC and click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Ivy1, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Sound issue at booting up

I have a problem with audio and video at the booting up. It is an old problem which I am unable to solve. When I first boot my PC and click on the video or audio apps like Sportify, YouTube, even Chrome I receive an error messages, for instance: if playback doesn't begin soon, please try restarting your device. I can open a game through Steam but without any sound.

I have to repeatedly close and reopen the apps to start the sound working. I tried to download drivers for my soundcard to no avail. My system is HP Omen 800-112n. Soundcard is a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 1st Gen.

:)

David Ivy1, Apr 15, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound issue at booting up :p

cadaveca, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 15, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound issue at booting up

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Sound issue at booting up

1. Sound issue at booting up - Similar Threads - Sound issue booting

2. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  3. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  4. Boot up issue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up issue...: Before when I open or restart my HP laptop it usually show the icon HP and then after a few sec the mouse cursor is already in the middle of the screen and right away my login screen will appear or lock screen because I have to put my password first. That`s the normal...
  5. Windows boot up issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot up issue: I had just restarted my PC after my internet went out and now my pc is having problems booting up. It gets to the black screen with the windows icon, and then is followed by a blue loading screen. From here my pc continuously loads and flashes a black screen. If anyone knows...
  6. Popping sound on laptop boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Popping sound on laptop boot up: I own a Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS. There seems to be a popping sound on boot, and it doesn't happen if the speakers are muted and I reboot. Is this normal, and will it damage the laptop? I sometimes forget to mute the speakers before a reboot or shutdown of the laptop,...
  7. Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not Starting Up Properly on Boot-Up: Hello everyone, Back in late November I updated my parents' computer to Windows 10 Home October 2018 update. A few months later, my parents told me they were having a re-occurring sound issue with the system. It started with the update, but they never bothered to tell me....
  8. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot up issues: Hi so recently have received a new windows 10 gaming computer for Christmas but has a few boot up issues, When i turn on my computer it stays on the boot up screen and does nothing, the only way to fix it is to manually restart it by the case and it works after that. I did in...
  9. Issues on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues on boot up: Hi, I have a old Lenovo SL500 that I use as a cheap media box. I've got Windows 10 installed on it and it has been running great up until this morning. When I came down it was not responding to RDP requests and it was not listed on Teamviewer. Looking at the machine all...
  10. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up issues: Since updating to windows 10 I have to boot up twice. When i first boot up the computer switches itself off after about 10 secs. I switch it back on again and it usually boots into windows fine. This happens every time I boot up and is annoying more than anything. Any ideas...