Windows 10: Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers

Discus and support Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've spent considerable time trying to debug a recurring sound issue on a new HP Windows 10 computer. I have installed the latest audio drivers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hoggy_98, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Hoggy_98 Win User

Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers

I've spent considerable time trying to debug a recurring sound issue on a new HP Windows 10 computer. I have installed the latest audio drivers and even contacted HP but continue to have this problem.

Here's the issue. I have external Bose speakers plugged into the audio jack. From time to time, I won't get any sound from them. If I pull out the speaker connection, the installed speaker sound starts to work and then I simply reinsert the external speaker plug to get them working. I have read about intermittent popping sounds and issues with Windows 10. I get a popping sound and it seems it's just before the sound stops working. While I am listening to audio - after I get the speakers working - it won't drop out. The audio will work fine. I've also tried restarting audio services and tried just about every other thing I came across on the Windows support page.

But I have not come across anyone experiencing this issue where the sound will simply restart if you just unplug and replug the speaker jack. It's not a big deal, but it is annoying.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

:)

Hoggy_98, Nov 10, 2019

2. external sound lost

I have been trying your suggestion. Unplugged device (speakers) and plugged back in. A pop-up window read "you just plugged a device into the audio jack". reads Realtek HD Audio Manager.

Checked the ^ and it lists 2 things: Speaker/ Headphones which when clicked no sound at all. The other is Dell S2415H (Intel(R) Display Audio) which seems to be the monitor speaker. Not much sound comes through even at 90 setting.

I believe what I did was went to settings. Clicked on devices. went to Audio and not knowing the ramifications removed the "external speakers" which I have no idea what they were listed as.

RobertCarlyle1, Nov 10, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 10, 2019
  4. poganyg Win User

Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound issue - no audio until I pull out and replug in the external speakers - Similar Threads - Sound issue audio

2. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  3. Issue with audio output external speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with audio output external speaker: Hi, recently moved to windows 11 and Bose speaker which worked prior, W 10, and works with any other time, just not teams. Uninstalled driver, and updated. Worked for an hour, then quit. I do not want to buy a new speaker as it works with other applications, and how do I know...
  4. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  5. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio out of external speakers: All of a sudden I no longer have sound coming out of my external speakers. I replaced the speakers and that didn't fix the problem. I was wondering if maybe a windows update has anything to do with it. I have sound out of the computer speaker so I assume the audio card is ok....
  6. No audio out of external speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound not coming out of external speaker

Sound not coming out of external speaker: My laptop and my bose speaker are connected. Both devices report it. But no sound is coming out of the Bose speaker. what to do? Yesterday I could hear in the Bose speaker what I was playing in my laptop...
  8. no sound external speakers

no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  9. Issue with External Speakers/sound

Issue with External Speakers/sound: I updated Windows 10 today and lost the External speakers and sound on my desktop computer. I have plugged in and unplugged in my external speakers and the computer does not recognize them. Everything was working prior to the Windows 10 update. Any suggests on how to fix?...
  10. Sound in external speakers

Sound in external speakers: My external speakers will suddenly not work. Last time that happened they said in the store that the speakers was set up to the NVIDA gforce graphics Card. But I dit not make any changes. To day it happened again. There is suddenly no sound coming out of the speakers......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio stops and resumes after replug speakers