Windows 10: Sound issue with front audio jack

Discus and support Sound issue with front audio jack in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903. If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrew129260, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Sound issue with front audio jack

I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903.

If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug the headphones in later, I cannot get any sound to come out from the headphones, only the internal speaker. In order to get them to work, I have to go to device manager, and uninstall the realtek audio under sound, video and game controllers. Then I have it scan for hardware changes and it works again if I leave the headphones in the port.

This issue is really bizarre. They are both dells. I have updated the audio driver from both of their support pages with no results.

Windows is up to date, as well as the drivers. Bios has no sound options other than disabling the sound. Bios is up to date.

1st pc:

Sound issue with front audio jack [​IMG]

The hardware ID for the audio is:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_102807A3&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_102807A3

Second pc:

Sound issue with front audio jack [​IMG]

The hardware ID for the audio is:
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280817&REV_1000
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280817

Also I noticed the speakers and headphones seem to be combined, and I cannot separate them when clicking on the speaker by the clock. I heard you can use the realtek audio control panel to manage this, but I do not have this and when trying to install it from the ten store, it errors and does not install.

Can someone help me make sense of this?

I have tried the following:

• Ran windows audio troubleshooter which found no issues.
    • I have tried uninstalling all audio devices
    • Checked bios for sound settings
    • Reinstalled latest updated drivers
    • Attempted to download realtek audio manager without success
    • Disabled all enhancements and application exclusive control.
    • SFC and dism show nothing wrong

:)

Andrew129260, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Combo-jack for audio and sound doesn't work

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by incorrect audio settings or outdated audio driver.

Please check the link on How to Fix sound problems. We also suggest that you run Speech troubleshooter by following
    these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Run Speech troubleshooter.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Sound issue with front audio jack

Audio Jack isn't Scanning the headset

Hi Aanika,

Faulty audio jack is one of the possible reasons why your headset is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which Version and OS Build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?
    • To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      to resolve sound issues?
    • Is the headset connected to the front panel audio jack or the back panel audio jack?

Meanwhile, you can try the troubleshooting steps on this
    link
    that was provided by preethu on April 23, 2015 to resolve your issue.

We will be looking forward to your response regarding your headset issue.

Eric Ber, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Sound issue with front audio jack

1. Sound issue with front audio jack - Similar Threads - Sound issue front

2. how to fix front audio jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix front audio jack: How to fix audio jack problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-front-audio-jack/7fa9aba6-e15a-4bf4-b53f-a0f86c37babd
  3. how to fix front audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix front audio jack: How to fix audio jack problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-front-audio-jack/7fa9aba6-e15a-4bf4-b53f-a0f86c37babd
  4. Front Audio Jack not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  5. Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The front audio jack is a connector that is used to connect headphones/earphones with […] This article Front Audio Jack not working in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  7. Front audio jacks sound is distorted after installing WSL

Front audio jacks sound is distorted after installing WSL: windows 10 version 1903 (build 18362.535) Gigabyte ab-350 m/b with realtek audio After adding Windows Subsystem for Linux in 'windows features' , sound I play while connected to the front audio jack (music / youtube etc) comes out distorted / cuts in and out. This happens...
  8. No sound from front or back audio jacks

No sound from front or back audio jacks: Hi, Recently I got myself a bluetooth adapter so I stopped using my headphones for a few days. Now today when I plugged my headphones in, the windows or ubuntu don't recognize any speakers connected. I installed the realtek drivers from motherboard website and also tried BIOS...
  9. Front audio jack

Front audio jack: I try all realtek driver version but no one's install or shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/front-audio-jack/11349524-463a-4bdc-8318-41913b4e87e8
  10. Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.

Front Panel Audio Jack does not work.: Please can someone help? After reinstalling Windows 10 and completely restoring my PC the audio jack stopped working. In the sounds it has a speaker option for 1x Audio Jack -REAR PANEL 3x Audio Jack -HDMI inputs but nothing for front audio jack. i tested the audio jack...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intelaudio\func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0256&subsys_10280817&rev_1000