Windows 10: Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have searched all over and can't seem to find an answer here... I bought two new computers for my home and installed fresh copies of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SkipTheFifth, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home

I have searched all over and can't seem to find an answer here...

I bought two new computers for my home and installed fresh copies of Windows 10 home. I set up profiles for my and my wife, and wife and kids (users). When someone remains logged in and another person uses the computer and doesn't sign out the first person, the only sound that plays is the notification dings (like when you adjust volume). No applications or games play sounds, neither do internet sites (youtube, cnn, etc). If you go and log out the first person and log back in as another profile, all works fine.

I thought maybe it was computer specific, but it does the same on both copies of Windows that I installed. I am lost on this one.

Thanks,

Skip

:)

SkipTheFifth, Jan 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the computer has multiple issue after upgrading to Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab06

Method2: Run network adapter troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3: Check if the proxy is turned off.

Please be informed that it would be better if you turn off the proxy before updating.

Please follow the steps below:

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home

Sound issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Are you facing issues with the sound?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to the driver conflicts and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home

1. Sound issue with Multiple Profiles - Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Sound issue Multiple

2. Multiple issues in Windows 11 Home build 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple issues in Windows 11 Home build 22H2: I'm using Windows 11 Home version 22H2. I'm experiencing files not opening, access to photos not available. When I check Settings/Windows Security, nothing populates the screen, it is completely blank. Any suggestions?[Original Title: Windowns Home 11 version 22H2 issues...]...
  3. Multiple issues in Windows 11 Home build 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues in Windows 11 Home build 22H2: I'm using Windows 11 Home version 22H2. I'm experiencing files not opening, access to photos not available. When I check Settings/Windows Security, nothing populates the screen, it is completely blank. Any suggestions?[Original Title: Windowns Home 11 version 22H2 issues...]...
  4. Multiple issues with windows 10

Multiple issues with windows 10: So i have windows 10 and these key features are prominent in the issues i run into. 1. windows store always fails to load, and if it does its a grey screen for anywhere from 1-30 minutes of loading before it throws the 0x80131500 error code, i have tried all trouble shooting...
  5. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking: I have this problem on several computers here and it is an ongoing nightmare.I have had this problem since first install and as such it is not a driver or application or virus issue, it is a device handling issue on microsoft's part, and I state this for the following reason,...
  6. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking: I have this problem on several computers here and it is an ongoing nightmare.I have had this problem since first install and as such it is not a driver or application or virus issue, it is a device handling issue on microsoft's part, and I state this for the following reason,...
  7. multiple monitors and sound issues upon windows waking

8. Window 10 home profiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 home profiles: Where are the windows 10 Home version profiles stored and how do you view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-home-profiles/6b66d7a0-d853-43ef-8def-7055570dff13
  9. windows 10 home in multiple devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 home in multiple devices: I have bought some years back a desktop (acer) with windows 8.1 (disk) now im upgrated to windows 10 home of course. im gonna buy a new desktop and i intend to keep the old one running as well can i have in both devices the same version of windows? from the same disk? or do i...
  10. Multiple profiles?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple profiles?: Hello, Extreme noob: Whenever I start Windows 10, two profiles show, one requires a username/password and the other just required password. Is there anyway to just log in without requiring a password? If not, how can I just have the profile that only requires the...