Windows 10: Sound issue

Discus and support Sound issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello fellow windows 10 users. So today I found out that my sound is acting very strange. Let me explain, my sound works perfectly normal on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eugenethegod, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Sound issue

Hello fellow windows 10 users.

So today I found out that my sound is acting very strange. Let me explain, my sound works perfectly normal on the internet(youtube) and on skype. But when I try to use an application like Minecraft, Counter Strike GO and Spotify the sound dosn't work at all. In sound settings I have speakers enabled and everything else disabled.

Thanks,
    eugene*Smile

:)

eugenethegod, Feb 28, 2015

2. Sound Issues

On my HTC, when I dial Voice Mail or an outside number, the calls connects (rings on the other phone), but I have no sound and cannot hear or talk?

FrankAlfone, Feb 28, 2015
  3. Sound Issues

Went back into the system with the directions that were given in this answer. Got the previous version back and my sound is working like it was and should. Might want to check that creators upgrade to see about it. Had problems with the sound when it was
    updated and now went back to previous version and it is working fine. Please let me know if and when I can get the upgrade with no problems that is and if I need the upgrade at this time.

JuniorJohnsonRK, Feb 28, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Sound issue

Do you have more than one sound device? Look in Device Manager to see.

Have you looked at Event Viewer for the times that you had problems?
    If not, please do this (and let us know the latest time where you had problems):

usasma, Mar 2, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Are you using realtek(analogue) or HDMI(digital from graphics card)? If it's realtek it could be you need to raise the volume whatever application. For example on my laptop when I watch a video in google I get an extra volume bar when I right click the red speaker icon.

Cliff S, Mar 2, 2015
  6. admin

There I followed the instructions and I put up the file on my mediafire.
    Thanks for the help.
    p.s All my sound devices are disabled other then the one I am using.

eugenethegod, Mar 2, 2015
  7. usasma Win User
    Nothing that I can see in the log relates to your audio.
    I'd have to wonder if one of the disabled devices is what's trying to play when you get no sound.

What devices are disabled? Can you try to enable them, one-by-one, and then see if the sound plays for that?

usasma, Mar 3, 2015
  8. Sound issue

See if changing the playback devices to stereo helps (if it's not already stereo) *Wink

Also, open the mixer when any of the games / apps are running - increase the volume / deselect mute for the specific app

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2015
  9. Thanks for all the help guys,
    so I done what everyone told me but it still didn't work.
    After that I tried turning "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"
    off , and what do you know my audio was restord *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin
    And again thanks for helping me,

Eugene

eugenethegod, Mar 4, 2015
  10. Good news, Eugene

Thanks for posting the solution that worked for you - it helps other members.

If you get the chance, please mark your thread as Solved by Eugene
    - well you can't add by Eugene, but you can marked it solved *Smile

Thanks!,

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sound issue

1. Sound issue - Similar Threads - Sound issue

2. Issues with sound quality after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with sound quality after updates: So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are: Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION Dumb down /...
  3. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar: I got on my laptop a minute ago to watch a video and I realized that there is a red circle with an "x" next to it but when I try to turn the sound up nothing happens. When I click on the sound icon it says troubleshoot could not detect a problem. What do I do I do to fix my...
  4. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed)

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!! - (Fixed): I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  5. Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!

Sound Device/Driver Issue Pls HELP!!!: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  6. Sound Device/Driver Issue

Sound Device/Driver Issue: I use a Dell Alienware 17 laptop which had Realtek audio driver. For some reason I couldn't use the voice chat in Fortnite (the game). So I was trying to uninstall the realtek drivers to reinstall them again. In Device manager I accidentally clicked "unintstall device"...
  7. Sound issues. Going insane, tried everything. help!

Sound issues. Going insane, tried everything. help!: I recently built a new computer. Everything is working except my sound devices. My onboard audio with Realtek drivers are not showing up in device management. It is enabled through the BIOs screen. I downloaded chipset drivers, sound drivers, bios drivers. Everything....
  8. Weird issue with sounds

Weird issue with sounds: ok not sure if this is the right place to ask help for this, but as long as i've had windows 10 I've had this issue with youtube. when I'm listening to music on youtube, my youtube audio won't go over half even tho it's been set to 100% so basically it just makes the...
  9. new dell inspiron 7000 series. windows 10 issue is that when I plug in ear plugs get no sound

new dell inspiron 7000 series. windows 10 issue is that when I plug in ear plugs get no sound: new dell inspiron 7000 series. windows 10 issue is that when I plug in ear plugs get no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-dell-inspiron-7000-series-windows-10-issue-is/ce34511c-f07c-4f8b-91ba-293b5a186620
  10. Static sound issues Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Static sound issues Windows 10 PC: Someone please help! The most infuriating thing is happening to me and i have yet to find a fix.. I am experiencing heavy static in ANY headphones i use currently with my computer.. At first it started with my wireless ASTRO 50 Wireless headphones.. but now after switching to...