Windows 10: Sound issues -- adjustments?

Discus and support Sound issues -- adjustments? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; A friend of mine finds that his sound is uneven. If he plays, for example, a YouTube video, his sound might be perfector, annoyingly, too low and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by compiler7, Jan 8, 2021.

1. compiler7 Win User

Sound issues -- adjustments?

A friend of mine finds that his sound is uneven. If he plays, for example, a YouTube video, his sound might be perfector, annoyingly, too low and adjusting the volume to 100% still doesnt work well.

Is there any other adjustment worth trying?

(W10 Pro 20H2)

Mel

:)

compiler7, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 8, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound issues -- adjustments? :p

cadaveca, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Sound issues -- adjustments?

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Sound issues -- adjustments?

1. Sound issues -- adjustments? - Similar Threads - Sound issues adjustments

2. Sound adjustment icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound adjustment icon: The icon on the task bar for sound adjustment does not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment-icon/7d9fff11-d541-49cb-8427-5bd2503f1874
  3. Windows Sound Bar Icon will not allow sound to be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sound Bar Icon will not allow sound to be adjusted: Hello All, I need help with an odd sound bug on my machine. I get an icon that appears on my desktop that pops up at random times after a restart. Sometimes its a few minutes, other times it appears after an hour or longer. I will provide a picture of the icon so you can see...
  4. Sound issues -- adjustments?

Sound issues -- adjustments?: A friend of mine finds that his sound is uneven. If he plays, for example, a YouTube video, his sound might be perfector, annoyingly, too low and adjusting the volume to 100% still doesnt work well. Is there any other adjustment worth trying? (W10 Pro 20H2) Mel 171923
  5. Headphones auto adjustment sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones auto adjustment sound: Hello, I was trying to find solution for my issue, but i ended up here asking for help. i use Logitech headphones, with microphone on them The sound goes thru Realtek HD About the issue, when i connect headphones with microphone it works all good, but after some time,...
  6. Adjust sound volume scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust sound volume scaling: Okay how do I describe this. When I wear my headset I currently have to set the system sound volume to 4 in order to not blow my eardrums, but that leaves me with only 4 levels between no sound and my ears start to bleed. What I've been wondering is if there is a way to set...
  7. Sound adjustment

Sound adjustment: How to adjust treble & bass sounds mixer. Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment/1735b9ea-579b-4524-81b4-7c7c75c0fdd2
  8. Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves: This is going to be a question with some background information... I have a Logitech wireless headset and I run my gaming though there but still have music and system sounds coming through the main speakers. The main game I play is WoW and, in the in game settings, have...
  9. Change Sound adjustment accuracy

Change Sound adjustment accuracy: how to change sound adjustment accuracy to 1percent instead of 2? (2 percents is by default) when adjusting sound with mouse weel or keyboard shortkeys it always only change sound by 2 percents so I can't adjust sound to 1% with either of these. Yes, I am able to change...
  10. Sound adjustments on my pc

Sound adjustments on my pc: I am using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 Computer and I am trying to find how to adjust the sound output. It is obviously straightforward to adjust the volume but, I cannot find a way of adjusting the bass and treble levels. I am not even certain that this is possible. Hopefully I...