Windows 10: Sound issues after Sleep mode

Discus and support Sound issues after Sleep mode in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with my Sound after my PC awakes from Sleep mode. It doesn't happen every time but rather irregularly. Still annoying tho... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by witten1972, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Sound issues after Sleep mode

Hi, I'm having a problem with my Sound after my PC awakes from Sleep mode.

It doesn't happen every time but rather irregularly.
    Still annoying tho because I have to reboot each time it happens.

After I awake my computer the Sound icon is displayed in my systray with a little red icon and white cross on top of it.

Sound issues after Sleep mode [​IMG]

And when I go to Sound in my Configuration screen several tabs there are blank.
    When I reboot my machine everything is back to normal.

So far I've tried to update my Drivers, reinstalled Realtek Audio but to no avail.

I noticed on my Network Driver that there're several options like allow this device to awaken this pc, or vice versa, and I was wondering if similar options exist for my Sound drivers, albeit none are visible at first sight...

Or do you know alternative methods to prevent my pc to put my Sound driver into sleep mode?

Thanks!

:)

witten1972, Jan 24, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internal Microphone in Laptop and Sleep mode issues after windows 10

Hi Sharmarke,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

You could face this issue when the Microphone is not getting detected by the Operating System. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Even though you have enabled the Microphone, I suggest you to set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2:
    Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click Properties, and then click on Levels.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the driver from manufacturer's website.

Updating drivers always do not work, let us try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the Sound, video and game controller driver.

Step 1: Follow the step given below to uninstall the
    Sound, video and game controller drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

You can also refer to the steps given in the link given below. Please select the correct model number.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Try the additional steps given in the link below. The step are almost same for Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resolving microphone problems (Windows 8)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03421813

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.
    This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows

Issue 2: This could be an issue with the corrupt power plan settings. This issue might also occur due to outdated display driver or some other devices are responsible to keep it
    awake.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Pinaki Mohanty replied on October 29, 2013.

Windows 8.1 - upgrade from Windows 8 - Sleep mode does no longer work

Let us know the status of the issue. We will help you further.

Arul_D, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Sound issues after Sleep mode

Sound issues after Sleep mode

I'm familar with that process, so I went to Driver Guide website, searched for Realtek High Definition Audio Driver:
    https://www.driverguide.com/driver/d...iverid=1920628

There' also a so called Realtek updater available, but that one installs a commn Driver Updater.
    Went along with, scanned, found 1 outdated Driver (Mouse) but I didn't install it because I didn't trust it and because I've used other Driver Updater programs and none found one for the Mouse, so I declined that offer. Anyway, it also showed that my Realtek Audio Driver was up to date. Nevertheless, I downloaded the file manually.

But instead of an .INF file like that video showed I had no other choice than to download a 7-zip file which contains all the installation files. Among them are several .INF files, 63 to be precise, and I don't know which one to install?!

- - - Updated - - -

Here are all the INF files:

witten1972, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Sound issues after Sleep mode

1. Sound issues after Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Sound issues Sleep

2. Issues with Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Sleep mode: I have had constant issues with sleep mode on my New HP Envy Desktop that came with Windows 11 preloaded. Sleep mode starts just fine, but after about 10 minutes, I get a message from my monitor that there is no video input The monitor is an HP 27" When I move the mouse, the...
  3. Issues with Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Sleep mode: I have had constant issues with sleep mode on my New HP Envy Desktop that came with Windows 11 preloaded. Sleep mode starts just fine, but after about 10 minutes, I get a message from my monitor that there is no video input The monitor is an HP 27" When I move the mouse, the...
  4. Sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode issues: So I don't know what is causing this particular issue, and am not really finding any good answers for it when I search.I was forced to do a clean install of Windows when my previous boot drive had a critical failure and basically bricked. So I bought a brand new drive Samsung...
  5. No Sound After Sleep Mode

No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  6. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  7. sleep mode issues

sleep mode issues: I have all of my settings for sleep mode to not cause the pc to sleep at all. It still goes into sleep mode and still won't wake up when I push any buttons or the touchpad. Any advice?...
  8. Sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sleep mode issue: Recently I have noticed that after I have put my pc into sleep, it's waking up on it's own... It's kind of weird problem for me! Another problem is that I am seeing a box on the sound bar and performance bar on battery section on the taskbar.. Why I am seeing those issues?...
  9. Sleep mode issue

Sleep mode issue: When I turn my laptop into sleep mode, it goes into sleep mode, but after some time it is automatically getting shut down. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-issue/0aef3481-5072-4dcb-b44b-9ea19eff5903
  10. No sound through headset after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound through headset after sleep mode: I recently installed an SSD to my computer, and did a fresh installation of Windows 10. After doing the driver updates for all the various components, I've run into an odd problem with my headphones that has never happened before. When I turn on the computer with the...