Windows 10: Sound issues after system restore

Discus and support Sound issues after system restore in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, First some computer details: Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) CPU: i7-6700K RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: 1070 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thrilled, Aug 23, 2020.

1. thrilled Win User

Sound issues after system restore

Hi,

First some computer details:

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016)
    CPU: i7-6700K
    RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: 1070

I am suffering from having no sound after a system restore. Right after the system restore I had a red cross on the sound icon and it turned out the Windows audio service was not running. Turning it on again gave me an access issue warning. I saw the local service account was set to run this service so I swapped it to the SYSTEM account and now the service started (along with all dependencies). However still no sound!

Testing my different devices and trying to do a test in the advanced tab on the speaker properties all renders a "failed to play test tone" error. Regardless of which device I use. I am using to main devices... a regular headset connected to the Realtek Audio and an USB Sennheiser headset. So they both uses different audio devices and none is working.

I have spent several hours trying to trouble shoot this and have done the following:

# Added local service to admins (no success)
    # Updated the drivers for the audio devices (no success)
    # Reverted to default drivers for the audio device (no success)
    # Ran a SFC /Scannow and rebooted (no success)

Attaching image of the sound settings:

Sound issues after system restore [​IMG]

So right now I am deeply frustrated and out of ideas... so wish I didn't do the system restore since the issue I had was very minor compared to this!

Thanks in advance!

/

:)

thrilled, Aug 23, 2020

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Aug 23, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound issues after system restore :p

cadaveca, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Sound issues after system restore

Unrecognized Windows Sign In Account Issue & Windows 10 System Restore Error "0x800703f1" Issue

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to get the following information:

We look forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Sound issues after system restore

1. Sound issues after system restore - Similar Threads - Sound issues system

2. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  3. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  4. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sound not working after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not working after system restore: My sound not working at all. I restart the PC multiple times and ensure that my PC is up to date, but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-after-system-restore/d57eb173-1d23-4ad4-bd7c-592f9b0833a5
  6. Sound not working after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound not working after system restore: My sound not working at all. I restart the PC multiple times and ensure that my PC is up to date, but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-after-system-restore/d57eb173-1d23-4ad4-bd7c-592f9b0833a5
  7. Sound not working after system restore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. System Restore issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore issue: Win 10 Pro 20H2 I'll try to be brief. While trying to resolve an issue with Google Chrome I thought I may have caused and getting no where with my efforts to fix it I resorted to system restore, this solution has very rarely failed for me in all incarnations of Windows I've...
  9. System restore issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System restore issue: I had to performe a system restore but it failed and the laptop shut down but when it booted up again i was met with just a black screen and some times a cursor. Any help apreiciated i dont know what to do how to stary in safe moder or how to trigger the auto repair...
  10. System Restore issues.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore issues.: I had to do a SystRestore the other day. I don't know if it actually restored all of the things that I uninstalled that day, but based on Device Maintenance (I got rid of all Windows apps), not all audio drivers that were previously listed are now listed. At least I have...