Windows 10: Sound issues and browsers not opening

Discus and support Sound issues and browsers not opening in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay so I updated windows on September 23rd. Everything was fine, I was watching Netflix last night. I stepped away for about 5 minutes and when I came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/slunkmode, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sound issues and browsers not opening

Okay so I updated windows on September 23rd. Everything was fine, I was watching Netflix last night. I stepped away for about 5 minutes and when I came back the sound suddenly wasn't working. Tried everything to fix it including updating drives, resetting my laptop, etc with nothing working. So I restored windows to the previous update on September 23rd. That fixed the sound but now I can't open any internet browsers? No errors or anything, they just won't open. I tried chrome and edge with no luck. This is getting really frustrating. Any ideas before I do a hard reset?

submitted by /u/slunkmode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/slunkmode, Sep 27, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound issues and browsers not opening :p

cadaveca, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Sound issues and browsers not opening

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Sound issues and browsers not opening

1. Sound issues and browsers not opening - Similar Threads - Sound issues browsers

2. Sound Issues when Opening a Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Issues when Opening a Game: I'm trying to use a bluetooth headset with my Windows 11 laptop. It works fine for literally anything music, YouTube, etc, but the second I open a game the sound quality just tanks for everything, not just the game. Whenever I close the game again, sound is back to normal....
  3. Sound Issues when Opening a Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Issues when Opening a Game: I'm trying to use a bluetooth headset with my Windows 11 laptop. It works fine for literally anything music, YouTube, etc, but the second I open a game the sound quality just tanks for everything, not just the game. Whenever I close the game again, sound is back to normal....
  4. Browser Issues

Browser Issues: My Google Chrome has been corrupted on my laptop, so I tried downloading about three other browsers but when I try to use them nothing happens. Please help, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-issues/79098a50-da30-4baf-b088-b8ad8cd85d97
  5. Browser issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser issues: Hello there. I have recently reset my computer, reinstalling windows 10. I have chosen the option qhere everything is wiped out in the process. Now that i am back, only microsoft Edge will access the internet. Neither Chrome or Firefoz will. Why is that and how can i...
  6. Browsers not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers not opening: Ever since I installed the most recent windows update, I haven't been able to open any internet browser except for Microsoft edge. I have tried this with both google chrome and opera and they will open for about a split second and then immediately close itself. I have tried...
  7. Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume/sound quality increasing when I open browser??: Hi, I've just come across something strange and I wondered if anyone can explain it or help with it. I've been writing a song and just mastered it. I've played the song in a couple of media players and in both of them, the volume (and it SOUNDS to me like the quality too but...
  8. No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...

No sound in browsers but sound works in Windows...: Hi, I didn't know where else to post this based on the titles of each forum, so I figured "software" was the closest I could get. I think it's a browser issue. The deal is that after a video driver update the other day, I lost sound in my browsers (Chrome is what I use, but...
  9. No sound on Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    No sound on Edge Browser: Hi All And Happy New Year, Since the update before the most recent I have no sound on any video played on "Edge". YouTube or news and sports videos from all sites play without sound. I have tried everything except the thing that will fix this. Its not an emergency since I...
  10. Browser opening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Browser opening: Good morning, I have a question I have a 32 bit hp pc and a 64 bit hp pc on my desktop when I click my Firefox Icon for my browser to open it takes 25 seconds for my 64 bit browser to open and 8 seconds for my 32 bit browser to open.and I have both browsers setup the same and...