Windows 10: Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem...

Discus and support Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a very old issue. Actually I found this forum looking for a possible solution and ended stumbling to a very old (and unsolved) thread so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YanKleber, Dec 17, 2018.

1. YanKleber Win User

Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem...

This is a very old issue. Actually I found this forum looking for a possible solution and ended stumbling to a very old (and unsolved) thread so I decided to start a new one covering the subject just for fun because I really doubt that it will be fixed some day.

OK, the problem regards to pops, crackles, distortion and lag in sound when there is more than just slight traffic in the network. While some will say that network has nothing to do with sound (and I agree) the fact is that for some mysterious reason it DOES interfere in the sound. At least in my system it does.

The problem started when I upgraded to Windows 7 after MS has announced that would stop to release updates for XP. With Windows XP the sound was perfect, but with Seven it became a nightmare and since I moved to it I never managed to enjoy music on my system anymore when I am downloading things.

I have tried everything you can imagine: update Windows, update drivers, install a new sound card (I used to use the onboard one and replaced it with a Behringer UCA222 USB interface), disable AV and FW, etc. Nothing seems to make any positive effect, unless stop network activity and so the problem cease immediately. In my case it happens even with a relatively low traffic (smaller than 3Mbits) and recently I figured that it doesn't happen only with wi-fi but with ANY network traffic. Yeah, till then I thought that it was an wi-fi thing but I realized that it's a network thing when the problem persisted even after I disable my wi-fi and connect the computer directly to the router through a cable.

Anyway, from times to times I have this hope that someone might have found a solution to the problem and have a peek around (that's how I found this place). Seems that it remains unsolved though.

*cry

The only "solution" I found was to assemble a totally separate system based on a Raspberry Pi board running Linux exclusively for playing tunes. That's a shame.

*Redface

:)

YanKleber, Dec 17, 2018

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Network and sound

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

If I understand correctly issue with wifi still persists as you are unable to disconnect and it still not appear on startup and when you reboot problem with sound reappears.

I suggest you to install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I suggest you to follow the Methods and check if the issue still persists.

Issue 1: sound

Method 1: try uninstalling the sound driver and reinstalling it.

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.

2. Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.

3. Uninstall the High definition audio driver

4. Restart the system.

Method 2: Reinstall the driver from the manufacturer website and check updating the device.

Issue 2: Network

Method 1:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection.

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.

2. Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4. Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.

5. Click View Wireless Networks.

6. Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7. Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.

Method 2: update the Network Drivers from Device Manager.

1. Type Windows key + X.

2. Select device manager.

3. Expand Sound Video and Game controller.

4. Select audio driver right click to update.

I suggest you to reset the Winsock and TCP/IP stack and check if it helps.

Method 3:

Step 1: Follow the steps given below to reset Winsock.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh winsock reset” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Step 2: Follow the steps given below to reset TCP/IP stack.

• a) Press Windows key + X, select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • b) Type “netsh int ip reset reset.log hit” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
    • c) Restart the computer.

Refer to the below link to check how to install and update.

How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound issues caused by network traffic - the eternal problem... - Similar Threads - Sound issues caused

2. KB5025239 Causing network problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5025239 Causing network problems: Running Windows 11. Since installing the latest update KB5025239, I've experienced significant network connectivity problems. Either pages are loading very slowly or I receive error messages that sites can't be found. I uninstalled the update but the problems persist. I've...
  3. KB5025239 Causing network problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5025239 Causing network problems: Running Windows 11. Since installing the latest update KB5025239, I've experienced significant network connectivity problems. Either pages are loading very slowly or I receive error messages that sites can't be found. I uninstalled the update but the problems persist. I've...
  4. NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6: Hi,My antivirus detected NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6.Here are some details:Source port=137 Destination ip=192.0.0.6 Destination port=137 protocol=17 Is this normal behavior?...
  5. NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6: Hi,My antivirus detected NetBIOS.Name.Service Traffic to bogon networks 192.0.0.6.Here are some details:Source port=137 Destination ip=192.0.0.6 Destination port=137 protocol=17 Is this normal behavior?...
  6. File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File share traffic preference issues with the network interfaces in two machines with...: Setup: Two Windows 10 PCs with 3 physical NICs each and having 3 redundant connections. All the interfaces are on different IP Subnets Issue: *Kindly use the network diagram attached* 1.File is being copied from PC-1 to PC-2 by accessing the share of PC-2 using its FQDN in...
  7. Allow local network traffic but block remote network traffic for specific program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow local network traffic but block remote network traffic for specific program: Is there a way using the Windows Firewall or another utility to block certain programs from accessing the internet but continue to allow them to communicate locally? (i.e. only on the local computer) submitted by /u/ADAMPOKE111 [link] [comments]...
  8. Those eternal audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Those eternal audio problems: Hi, I have a problem I would like to resolve regarding those eternal conflicts between Windows and Realtek High Definition Audio. I use a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop running Windows 10 64 bit version 1903. As usual, when there is a new Windows update, the audio settings get...
  9. Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?

Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?: I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security which provided a useful tool to show which processes / services were accessing the internet. I now just use Defender and the standard Windows firewall. How can I monitor internet traffic in a similar manner to the Kaspersky software...
  10. Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic

Noise and Sound Distortion with Wifi Traffic: Hello everyone, I noticed that there are scratchy noises and very noticeable sound distortion with Wifi traffic on my laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 3rd Gen) starting about 3 days ago. With the noises, the mouse becomes sluggish and video playback experiences small...