Windows 10: sound issues, my sound will not work

Discus and support sound issues, my sound will not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kevin LArmor, Jul 16, 2019.

1. sound issues, my sound will not work

We can't find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info, search your device for "Manage audio devices."

:)

Kevin LArmor, Jul 16, 2019

2. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 17, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 17, 2019
  4. sound issues, my sound will not work

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

sound issues, my sound will not work

1. sound issues, my sound will not work - Similar Threads - sound issues sound

2. Sound Issues - Bill Gates makes my sound sound robotic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Issues - Bill Gates makes my sound sound robotic: How do I fix robotic sound issues? I have already tried: driver craap, enhancements, quality, and much more. I do NOT want a bull$h!t answer that would clearly not work....
  3. Sound Issues - Bill Gates makes my sound sound robotic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Issues - Bill Gates makes my sound sound robotic: How do I fix robotic sound issues? I have already tried: driver craap, enhancements, quality, and much more. I do NOT want a bull$h!t answer that would clearly not work....
  4. My sound is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound is not working: I was on my pc and there was no sound I has disabled my sound and re enabled it, updated the driver, and restarted my pc but it still does not. Before this I installed an app called "Sound trumpet" it is used to control the sound of each and every app running. but when I...
  5. My sound is not working.

My sound is not working.: Whenever i click on my sound icon it trouble shoot and my pc does not want to recognize any of my audio devices and i cant do anything about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sound-is-not-working/f2539879-ad4e-4203-861a-a517329194b8
  6. My sound is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My sound is not working: Hello, For some reason My sound does not work. Well the speaker works but in Some apps like Google chrome it does not. It also looks like My microphone is not working. It also Looks like this is only Happening on My account, Because on My Dad's account every thing is mine....
  7. Sound issues no sound at all

Sound issues no sound at all: the events before this error occurred was firstly just bluestacks messing with other audio and me not caring all that much about it eventually decided to if troubleshooting the sound would do anything. i did what it asked, restarted my pc like it wanted, and then all of my...
  8. Sound issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues: Hi! Everytime i start my pc the sound doesn't work so i need to uninstall the drivers and restart my computer then it will work. But next time i starts up my computer i have to do it all over again. What can cause this issue?...
  9. Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound Issues: I've Recently Updated Windows to 19H1 after the update every time I put my laptop into Hibernate Sound doesn't work on my laptop's speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-issues/9e8a0792-1141-4ec0-a246-9f080deeceab
  10. Sound issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound issue: Hello fellow windows 10 users. So today I found out that my sound is acting very strange. Let me explain, my sound works perfectly normal on the internet(youtube) and on skype. But when I try to use an application like Minecraft, Counter Strike GO and Spotify the sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we cant find an audio device. make sure headphones or speakers are connected. for more info search your device for manage audio devices. 0xc00d36fa after windows 10 update

2. We cant find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info search your device for Manage audio devices.www.youtube.com/watch?v=E63LwtU2KMs

3. We cant find an audio device. Make sure headphones or speakers are connected. For more info search your device for Manage audio devices.microsoft.com