Windows 10: Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

Discus and support Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodmanB, Nov 23, 2020.

1. RodmanB Win User

Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently, I have noticed missing pieces or bits when playing audio. it has progressively been getting worse. It happens when playing stuff on YouTube and also Audials One 2020. But not with a video played on VLC. Or, when I listen on my JBL Bluetooth headphones. At first I thought it was the onboard sound going bad. if that was the case it would do it with VLC and the headphones, right. So, I guess my question is it just me or have others had this experience with Win10 v20H2. And do you think it's my hardware or software.

RLB

P.S. I listening to a live radio broadcast via Chrome now and it seem to be working fine. Baffling?

:)

RodmanB, Nov 23, 2020

2. Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

I stated earlier in this thread that I use a 'Asus P8Z77-V Pro' with W10 as opposed to a plain vanilla 'Asus P8Z77-V' There is no reason why the 'Asus P8Z77-V' won't work with W10, the differences are infinitesimal. Here's an article I found.

'The difference is very small indeed: - The pro has 2 more USB 3.0 ports. The last two, wont be quite as fast as the first two, since they are not native in chipset.- Another small difference is, that the pro has their Q-shield I/O anti-static back grill. Instead of their normal one. it got some metal padding, to better connect. I have no idea if it's better. Some users have reportet that it's a harder fit in cabinet.Main advantage is likely, that it looks better and descriptions of ports are clearer.'

Asus P8Z77-V or P8Z77-V PRO? - Motherboards - Tom's Hardware

Torquemada, Nov 23, 2020
  3. WONNADOO Win User
    Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, no Windows 10 drivers

I have the same Mainboard and still running WIN 7 cause of the driver Problems.

But ASUS has just published new WIN 10 BETA ! 64bit Drivers for the P8Z77-V Deluxe MB.

Look at ASUS Homepage, i hope they will be for good soon...

WONNADOO, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Riekopo Win User

Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, no Windows 10 drivers

I have an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard that I bought in 2012. There are no Windows 10 drivers listed for it on the support page. When I contacted Asus support the guy literally said to buy a new motherboard. What am I supposed to do?

Riekopo, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB - Similar Threads - Sound issues Asus

2. GTA V only shows 512 mb VRAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GTA V only shows 512 mb VRAM: gta v does not use shared memory, and my vram seems to be 512 mb, but other players can use shared memory, and theirs is 1-2 GB.My PC:Graphic Card : IntelR UHD Graphics 600Processor : Intel Celeron N4020RAM : 4096 MB VRAM : 512...
  3. Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound issues on an Asus P8Z77-V-LK MB: I'm having some issues with sound on my homebrew with an Asus P8Z77-V-LK running Windows 10 v20H2. It's been running great for 11 years. But recently, I have noticed missing pieces or bits when playing audio. it has progressively been getting worse. It happens when playing...
  4. Asus rampage v extreme

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus rampage v extreme: Windows 10 start button locks up and the cursor scrolls to the right when iam on a webpage it scroll all the way to the bottom and I cannot scroll to the top it just flashes any ideas on the problem? I am using an I7 6850 cpu and Gskill 64gb of 2400 memory I have reinstalled...
  5. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  6. Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX

in Windows 10 Support
    Secure boot - P8Z77-V LX: Hello, what is secure boot and does normally people need it. And what is the advantage of using it? And dies it work on windows 10. 139686
  7. Asus P8Z77-V Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro: As the years have rolled on has anyone found a fix for this Intel 82579LM on board Ethernet not working? I'm still suffering from it to this day and after hours of research and different driver installations I'm still no further forward! Stanc....
  8. Hyper-V no sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  9. Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I upgrade? MB: Asus P8Z77-V: Hey there, So I recently have ordered parts to replace and upgrade old and broken parts in my pc build. One of these parts being a new ssd and new hard drive due to old hard drive being corrupted. I have decided with this change to also upgrade my OS, i currently am running...
  10. Display port issue with Asus MB...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display port issue with Asus MB...: Well, I finally got around to do further testing... The motherboard and the cables are just fine with a 24" Dell monitor, connected via DP interface. Doing so confirmed that the BenQ monitor's DP interface died, just couple of month after the warranty expired. The HDMI...