Windows 10: Sound Issues on Dell 8930

Discus and support Sound Issues on Dell 8930 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I unplug a sound output device and plug in a different one, the audio no longer works and the message says that my device is not connected. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bburg1983, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Bburg1983 Win User

Sound Issues on Dell 8930

When I unplug a sound output device and plug in a different one, the audio no longer works and the message says that my device is not connected. Is there a setting I need to change? It doesn't matter if I'm using the front or back audio jack.

:)

Bburg1983, Jun 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Issues on Dell 8930 :p

cadaveca, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Anyone having problems with Dell XPE 8930 freezing?

Anyone having problems with Dell XPE 8930 freezing? I bought my computer from Costco in December 2016. Since that time, it has frozen 3 times when I was downloading software for my Epson and HP printers, plus software from TurboTax. Something is not right!
    Help?

MyronPhillips, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Sound Issues on Dell 8930

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Sound Issues on Dell 8930

1. Sound Issues on Dell 8930 - Similar Threads - Sound Issues Dell

2. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  3. Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Xps 8930 stuck on dell loading screen: Hey guys,After using the power button to force a shutdown on my pc, I have encountered some issues with booting it up. The first 30 seconds is normal, but while the dell logo is shown and is loading, the screen freezes entirely. I have tried restarting again, but that attempt...
  4. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  5. Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advice upgrading dell xps 8930 to windows 11: Hi Everyone.I am wondering if it is safe to upgrade my dell xps 8930 to windows 11?I spoke to dell and they really were very vague and did not offer any help at all.I have heard and read that the Dell xps 8930 has been tested and will run windows 11.Please find my system...
  6. Sound issue on Dell with Windows 11 and MagicJack

Sound issue on Dell with Windows 11 and MagicJack: Hi: I'm having sound issues with my MagicJack Express on both my Dell Windows 11 PC and my older HP Windows 10 no dial tone and people cannot hear me.On my Dell PC Windows 11, I cannot select the telephone option on my MagicJack panel, only headset/other is selected and I...
  7. Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Archive of old Dell XPS 8930 CPU bios .: Many years have past, so I have not yet had luck locating these old Intel CPU bios. I dont want the new bios as its a barrier to system tweaks I want . Bios sites I remember from the past no longer exist . Maybe going back to 2015 - 18 ish . Any help locating these is...
  8. media playback stalls and requires reboots Dell XPS 8930 WIN10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media playback stalls and requires reboots Dell XPS 8930 WIN10: Every time I turn on my computer, I find I have to reboot in order to play audio or video files. I have seen many threads saying the problem is with Windows 10. If so, what is the fix? I have been to Dell and uploaded all updates they have for this machine, and no change with...
  9. Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell XPS 8930 and 1903 Network Issues: We have about 10 of these in Marketing. Twice now I've installed 1903 on two of them and had to roll back due to some, not all, websites not showing up. You get the Ooops, page not found error. I didn't note any sites other than Adobe.com. This was the main issue since the...
  10. Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell XPS 8930 Boots straight into Windows!: This is the second XPS that Dell sent me that has this problem I believe the BIOS comes up after tapping F2 but you can't see it!. The only way around it is to remove the secondary graphics card and boot from the onboard video card to get to the BIOS or Safe Mode etc. You...