Windows 10: Sound Issues on Video Calls

Discus and support Sound Issues on Video Calls in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having trouble in both Skype and Teams whereby my sound suddenly distorts mid-call. If i plug my headphones in, this stops but then can come back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LauraCleaver, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Sound Issues on Video Calls

I'm having trouble in both Skype and Teams whereby my sound suddenly distorts mid-call. If i plug my headphones in, this stops but then can come back again later in the call. I take my headphones out, and its fine again. It doesn't happen all the time and isn't limited to specific callers. I've tried reinstalling the sound drivers on my laptop but still this keeps happening. Any ideas?

:)

LauraCleaver, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Issues with the sound and video in the Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the sound and videos in Windows 10.I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

3. What are the troubleshooting steps performed to resolve the issue?

4. Are you getting any error code or error message?

I suggest you to reinstall the audio and video drivers and check if it helps follow the below methods and

check if it helps.

Method 1:

Try reinstalling the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps for the same

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

c. Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.

d. Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Method 2:

Reinstall the Display drivers

Follow the same steps from above but on the third step select display adapter and then click uninstall.

Hope this information is helpful regarding the sound and video issues. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 12, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Sound Issues on Video Calls

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Issues on Video Calls :p

cadaveca, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Sound Issues on Video Calls

1. Sound Issues on Video Calls - Similar Threads - Sound Issues Video

2. Video during calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video during calls: Why can't I see the video from my working camera in my Skype Profile. Consequently, no one can ever see me in a Skype call. I'm running Window 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-during-calls/4de28abd-7e91-4e1e-ac40-38ac826b7f04
  3. Video Export Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Export Sound Issues: I've been trying to export a video from windows 10 video editor into my video files but every time the video finishes exporting there is no sound. Not in the speakers or headphones. The sound plays in video editor but not once it's been exported. It's happened 3 times in row...
  4. Microsft Soft Teams Video Call Issue / Visual

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsft Soft Teams Video Call Issue / Visual: Good Afternoon, I am having issues with Microsoft Teams and my USB webcam. I have tried using two different webcams BOTH with the same issue. When I access the camera on Zoom or on my desktop I do not have any issues - where as when I use my USB Webcam on Microsoft...
  5. Mic and sound cutting out for video calls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and sound cutting out for video calls: My mic started cutting out on Google Hangouts using Chrome on Sunday. Tonight I'm using the discord app on my laptop and the same issue. Also the sound is cutting out now. I've googled looking for answers and done all the trouble shooting. When they cut out I try them out...
  6. video calling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video calling: set up video calling on laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-calling/1110b352-d360-4248-a221-0898aafa6882
  7. Video Calls

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Calls: Forgive me for this but I have never, ever, used a video call system to speak to a person with video, on screen, apart from Skype. How do I set up my pc to speak to someone via pc, like they do on the tv news when speaking to someone isolated, do I need special software etc....
  8. video call?

in Windows 10 Customization
    video call?: how do I make a video call? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-call/de392341-6f19-4ba7-ac7f-0cc84534d76a
  9. video calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video calls: When I have video call, I can see the other side but they can't see me. Both sides can hear each other though. Why? How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-calls/18ca7833-feb3-474a-bef9-b92960b4f3db
  10. video call

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    video call: How the I make video call live https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-call/e28c7d61-45a1-40a1-996d-a68d84659286"