Windows 10: Sound issues using windows 10

Discus and support Sound issues using windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop is having issues with the sound and i dont know the reason. It was working fine until few days ago. It appears disabled sometime, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kleiv, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Kleiv Win User

Sound issues using windows 10

Hi,

My laptop is having issues with the sound and i dont know the reason. It was working fine until few days ago.

It appears disabled sometime, so i need to run the troubleshooting to get this enable but i dont get any message from the troubleshooting window.

Also, if i go to the preferences of my card sound appears to be all OK and updated.

However, independient if the sound is enable or disable, it is not making any sound at all.

The strage thing is that when the sound is disable I can play spotify or youtube (of course without sound) but if it is enable spotify or youtube doesnt even start.

Can you help me with this? due i dont fine anything similar on internet. thanks

:)

Kleiv, Feb 18, 2019

2. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Sound issues with Windows 10.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Are you facing issues with the sound?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to the driver conflicts and as an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound issues using windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound issues using

2. Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 sound issue: I'm trying to use my PC and notice sound is not working. I check and troubleshoot and it said the generic sound driver is not working. I have all the updates downloaded. What's wrong?...
  3. windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 sound issue: I am trying to send the audio from my ham radio and have it play on my dell laptop using a usb cable. I have been in contact with the manufacturer of the ham radio and downloaded their recommended usb driver. I also use software to control my radio from my laptop via usb and...
  4. Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 sound issue: I keep losing sound. I use the troubleshooter in settings to reinstall my audio driver which used to fix the problem, but now minutes later I lose sound again. I have tried reinstalling it myself from device manager but that doesn't work....
  5. Windows 10 - Sound issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Sound issues.: [ATTACH] Have recently built a new PC. Installed windows 10 pro via the media creation tool. Looks like it has loaded version 2004 (build 19041.450) My issue is with sounds. Straight out of fresh install, I noted the lack of explorer/navigation and windows startup sounds....
  6. Sound issues on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound issues on windows 10: On my pc, i have my audio input and output as the same thing. I want that, because i only have a headset. But now, its telling me that i dont have an audio output for my headset because it is not connected. That isnt true, both cables are in, but for some reason the sound...
  7. Windows 10 Sound Issues

Windows 10 Sound Issues: Hi, I have a very specific sound issue, that's incredibly annoying. I have tested 3 different head-sets in different ports, so I know it's my PC that's at fault somewhere, not the device. When I'm listening to anything, if the sound is low, it cuts out. It's hard to...
  8. Windows 10 Sound Issue

Windows 10 Sound Issue: I, too, have no sound to my wireless speakers after a recent windows update installation. I had this problem earlier and resolved it by purchasing and installing a wireless dongle allowing me to connect to my Creative T15 wireless speakers. Currently, bluetooth is on and...
  9. Windows 10 no sound issue

Windows 10 no sound issue: Hello, Requesting help still for the ongoing issue I have with no sound comping from my PC after a system update. I went through previous troubleshooting steps in the thread here but it still did not correct my issue. Since then, I attempted to do a system restore back to...
  10. Sound issues, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues, Windows 10: Good day I get the following message when trying to play music on Windows Media Player: "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by...