Windows 10: sound issues win 11

Discus and support sound issues win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have a 2 monitor set up and now windows 11 is only decteing 1 for sound but both monitor r working but wont let me change sound to my main monitor as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dantroiano, Jan 25, 2023.

1. sound issues win 11

i have a 2 monitor set up and now windows 11 is only decteing 1 for sound but both monitor r working but wont let me change sound to my main monitor as it doesnt show up when i click the speaker icon to change from headphones to monitor for sound. Win 10 did this and when i updated to 11 it stopped 4 months now but yesterday and today it started up again... side note: when i go into sound settings it shows both monitor and allows sound through both but it wont show up when i try to switch. only shows 1 monitor and my headphones.. any help would be helpful as one of my monitor has a strong s

:)

dantroiano, Jan 25, 2023
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound issues win 11 :p

cadaveca, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Win 11 reliability and issues and glitchyness

Thank you, Greg,

I had done most of what you suggested, and I have now tried most of the ones I had not previously.

I still have the same issue. When I go to sound in my control panel and run test all of my speakers work. However, when I try to play music, be it on Spotify or just playing some music files on my data drive only the front left and right speakers and my mid woofer and sub-woofer work. There is no sound from my rear surround or center channel speakers. The speaker system is a Klipsch surround system with a B&W sub-woofer added. It has worked for years and as I mentioned it still works when I run the sound check

I have uninstalled my "high definition audio device" (my MSI motherboard sound) and reinstalled the drivers and the same issue happens.

I also have a SoundBlaster installed and it also stopped working. It is about five years old however, so my next step is to try replacing it.

I also had issues with my Surface book pro using Windows 11 but that issue was Outlook running extremely slow and locking up. On that computer I did a clean install of Win 11 and it helped, it did not totally fix but Outlook became slow but useable.

Our other computers are all still running Win 10 and all is well.

We have now stopped converting our units to Win 11.

In all honesty, I am so disappointed with Win 11 being so glitchy (numerous other minor issues and added complexity to use) I have been a MS fan since DOS and the only real issues I had previously were with Win ME, I was even able to comfortably use Win 8.

I am very disappointed that this was released with so many unneeded changes and unresolved issues and glitches.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again.

Dan Feinberg, Jan 25, 2023
  4. sound issues win 11

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

sound issues win 11

1. sound issues win 11 - Similar Threads - sound issues

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  5. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  6. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  8. Sound issue?

Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  9. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...
  10. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...