Windows 10: Sound issues

Discus and support Sound issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I sleep with my laptop on and I woke up this morning to it restarting with an update and when it was done I tried watching a video but I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tyler_relief, Oct 11, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

1. Tyler_relief Win User

Sound issues

So I sleep with my laptop on and I woke up this morning to it restarting with an update and when it was done I tried watching a video but I couldn't hear anything and so I looked in the bottom right hand corner and it showed that it was muted so I tried to figure it out by trying to unmute it and raising the volume but that didn't work so I right clicked on it and clicked on sounds and went to the play back page and nothing was on there it says "no audio devices are installed" and I have never had a problem like this before I am unsure as to if the update messed up my drivers or anything and when I try to trouble shoot it the computer cant find the problem itself, I like to watch videos and sometimes I like to watch them aloud and now I can't can anyone help me here?

:)

2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound issues :p

3. Radney Dri Win User
    Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

4. Johan45 Win User

Sound issues

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Thema:

Sound issues

1. Sound issues - Similar Threads - Sound issues

2. Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Card Buffer (?) Issue: I have a weird issue with my sound card. Whenever it starts playing audio when nothing was playing before, it takes a second before starting up, then it suddenly plays a very loud popping noise followed by the rest of the audio. Switching to another audio source when the...
  3. HP devices with the 'No sound after update' issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP devices with the 'No sound after update' issue: Are there people that still receive this issue after that they go to Built 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-devices-with-the-no-sound-after-update-issue/a9f4993e-24f1-48ac-ad6c-019596eb955f
  4. No sound issue on windows 10

No sound issue on windows 10: I had updated my windows 10 last week on October 13. Since then there is no sound on my Laptop. I'm using HP Notebook- 15-bs576tx Laptop.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-issue-on-windows-10/db1b791c-de1a-4192-8112-2233101269d4
  5. Sound issues

Sound issues: Hi, So am having an issue with my sound. My machine is a Dell Precision 5510. Windows 10 64-bit. I noticed the speaker icon on the bar at the bottom had a red cross. Upon hovering over it - "no speakers or headphones are plugged in". When I click into it, it list a few...
  6. Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.

Soundblaster driver issues, No sound after Windows 10 feature update.: Hi All This is the first post I have made and hope it helps because I have had this problems for over 2 years. My Sound Blaster Z would produce no sound after Windows 10 creators and anniversary updates. I Deferred updates for 2 years but when 1709 was pushed it circumvented...
  7. Strange sound issue

Strange sound issue: I honestly have no clue how to deal with this issue other than restarting and it's really started to get on my nerves. This problem has been ongoing for about a year now on my Asus F402B. Basically, sound will inexplicably stop working. Usually, the PC will not work with...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 No sound in-game/menus issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 No sound in-game/menus issue: self explanatory, No sound ingame/menus or welcome screen, only in cutsenes tried several solutions/workaround none of them worked. using motherboard built-in Realtek sound card All drivers are up-to-date, OS as well Windows 10 64-bit Home MOBO: Z370 aorus gamings 3 Any...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 No sound in-game/menus issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 No sound in-game/menus issue: self explanatory, No sound ingame/menus or welcome screen, only in cutsenes tried several solutions/workaround none of them worked. using motherboard built-in Realtek sound card All drivers are up-to-date, OS as well Windows 10 64-bit Home MOBO: Z370 aorus gamings 3 Any...
  10. HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it: I have a strange issue - every time I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI, the sound cuts out rather than automatically coming from the TV I follow the audio troubleshooting steps and this always works - apparently the troubleshooter reinstalls the drivers. Even after a...