Windows 10: sound issues

Discus and support sound issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few weeks ago started having sound issues, my laptop makes the microsoft startup sound/tone but after that, no sound for anything else, videos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReginaHarris69, Jun 23, 2020.

1. sound issues

A few weeks ago started having sound issues, my laptop makes the microsoft startup sound/tone but after that, no sound for anything else, videos, apps,etc.

Went thru the whole troubleshooting in the device manager and ion windows website..... nothing....

unistalled driver then restarted computer....nothing, except just the windows startup jingle sound

my pc is continually updating so it is up to date.

:)

ReginaHarris69, Jun 23, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound issues :p

cadaveca, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 23, 2020
  4. sound issues

Sound issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshoot” without quotes in search and click on
      Troubleshooting in the results displayed on the left side of the screen.
    • In the new window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • In the list of options, click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • If troubleshooter doesn't fix issue uninstall and reinstall latest drivers from device manufacturer and check if the issue persist.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

sound issues

1. sound issues - Similar Threads - sound issues

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  5. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  6. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  8. Sound issue?

Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  9. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...
  10. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...