Windows 10: Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop

Discus and support Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! Hoping someone can help me with this as my limited tech knowledge hasn't helped me figure out how to fix this problem yet. My laptop is ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evanliko, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop

Hi! Hoping someone can help me with this as my limited tech knowledge hasn't helped me figure out how to fix this problem yet.
    My laptop is ASUS zenbook flip and I'm running Windows 10.
    Basically, the issue is that randomly my sound will stop working. Just cut out, in the middle of what ever I'm doing. It won't play over either headphones or speakers and the only way I can get it to start playing audio again is if I reboot my laptop.
    This had happened a couple times over the last year, but restarting the laptop wasn't a big deal and easy enough. But these past couple days it's been happening every 5-45 minutes and it's very irritating.
    I've updated all my drivers, checked all my sound settings, and all of that, but this still keeps happening. I would think that it's a hardware problem except for the fact that restarting the laptop fixes it. (which I'm pretty sure means it's a software issue?)
    If anyone has any clue what I could try to fix this it would be much appreciated. I just wanna watch youtube videos without having to restart my computer in the middle of it.

submitted by /u/evanliko
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/evanliko, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Laptop keeps randomly restarting

Hi Alex,

Your Windows 10 laptop may have encountered a system conflict that may have caused your laptop restart randomly. For us to help you with your Windows 10 concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Infernos_ Win User
    Sound randomly cuts out.

Hi,

Just a problem that keeps happening to me.

Occasionally the sound decides to cut out and not work until I restart my PC and I was wondering if there was a simple fix for this?

Note that I am using Razer 7.1 surround as my default playback device but it won't play sound even if I change it to realtek.

Thanks in advance.

Infernos_, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop

Sound cuts out when in game and call

Hello Lilium,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Sound cut's out in between games and calls. We will certainly help you.

• What happens when you only play the game and not use any other application? Does the sound stay?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

For now we suggest you to try the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix sound problems

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop

1. Sound keeps cutting out randomly and the only fix is to restart the laptop - Similar Threads - Sound keeps cutting

2. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Microphone keep cutting out: My laptop microphone is microphone array so I want to use my microphone but its very very bad it keep cutting out + my sound when they hear it is very bad how to fix it...
  3. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix Microphone keep cutting out: My laptop microphone is microphone array so I want to use my microphone but its very very bad it keep cutting out + my sound when they hear it is very bad how to fix it...
  4. Fix Microphone keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound cuts out only on TV

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound cuts out only on TV: Hi all, Basically, the audio cuts out randomly for less than a second quite often when I use the PC on my TV. I've checked out the internet, and disabling audio enhancements and updating my audio drivers haven't helped. I don't have this problem on my monitor (connected to...
  6. Windows 10 sound cuts out at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 sound cuts out at random: And it comes right back if it toggle the volume up and down. It still shows the audio source as the proper speakers, all drivers are up to date, and any alternative audio sources are disabled. I have tried disabling the enhancement settings in the advanced audio settings....
  7. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  8. Sound cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound cuts out randomly: Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring...
  9. Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...
  10. Sound cuts out and jitters at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cuts out and jitters at random: I have a custom machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. The specs are an AMD FX8350 8 Core processor, GTX 1070, 32 gigs of Ram, 16 recently installed along with the Windows 10 update. I also use a USB headset for my sound with no other speakers that...