Windows 10: Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

Discus and support Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a Windows update last fall I have had issues with switching between my USB headphones and my desktop speakers, and the only way to get the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kjetil Kvinge Stavenjord, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

After a Windows update last fall I have had issues with switching between my USB headphones and my desktop speakers, and the only way to get the sound output to change is by disabling one or the other. When both devices are enabled I can hear sound when moving the volume slider or playing a test sound, but if I change source of output in the lower right corner in Windows, nothing happens other than the new output source displaying when clicking the volume button. The sound keeps playing from the previously selected device until I disable it entirely. Then I have to use Sound Troubleshooter to re-enable it as it disappears from the list of output devices once disabled. I find this very frustrating and I hope someone can help me solving this issue.

Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device 6b91a87c-55cc-4fb0-8912-0c8ba746436e?upload=true.png

:)

Kjetil Kvinge Stavenjord, Apr 16, 2019
  2. ShogoXT Win User

Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Apr 16, 2019
  3. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Khing Win User

Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

how to play application sounds on all output device.

Thats one of the problems, in programs such as wmp, this option is only accessible deep within their settings. I want fast/easy access to change the output.

Just thought of this, i've seen registry hacks that completely disobey windows' rules. Does anyone know a way to hack the default device?

Khing, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device

1. Sound keeps playing from same output device even after changing default device - Similar Threads - Sound keeps playing

2. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  3. Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change output device for System sounds other than default?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GrandeNJR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgda83/is_it_possible_to_change_output_device_for_system/
  4. No Sound No Output device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound No Output device: Running 19042.746 on a ASUS 2n1 computer. I believe this started 1 or 2 updates ago. I have no sound from the speakers or earphones with "the hardware device is not connected to the computer Code45" and "No output devices found" no pull down for choice. Device manager does...
  5. Listen to this device not directly changing after switching default sound device

Listen to this device not directly changing after switching default sound device: Is there an option to let it switch in real time? Only solution atm is to disable and re-enable listening or change the target device every single time. I'd like this feature because I only need the audio of my browser to go through virtual audio cable and pass it on to...
  6. Default device does not play sound

Default device does not play sound: Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit for this, but it is a Windows 10 problem, so here it goes. Came back to my PC today to no sound in my headphones. The default device is still my headphones, but for some reason, it shows sound playing through Voicemod line. I...
  7. System sounds Output to device other than Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    System sounds Output to device other than Default: The Sound Setting dialog's App volume and device preferences dialog does not appear to let you set theOutput choice for System sounds to anything other thanDefault. If I use a headset for calls, it is handy to have the headset as my default device. I almost never want or...
  8. Sound output from 2 devices.

Sound output from 2 devices.: Hi, I was wondering is there a way to output sound from 2 devices at the same time (my TV connected by HDMI and my speakers connected by aux) to get better sound. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/theubusu [link] [comments]...
  9. Connecting Wifi device as a default output device?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting Wifi device as a default output device?: Dear Windows community! I am stucked with an installation of Wifi audiocast system at home. Win10, AudioCast M5 is the wifi device, and it works perfectly by sending audiofiles by casting them to devices. My question would be if it is possible to set the wifi devices to...
  10. cannot change default sound device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot change default sound device: i'm trying to play music through a bluetooth speaker. both the speaker and my laptop say that they are connected, but sound is only coming from the laptop speakers. so i check the default sound devices to see what's up, and i get this: [img] i am unable to check any...