Windows 10: Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Discus and support Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Draconette D, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Good day ladies and Gentelmen.

First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version.

I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing update on previous windows version. my sound started to lag after every 1 or 2 minutes.

I thought okay, i can instal fresh windows, downloaded from Microsoft windows download tool.

Installed fresh windows with fresh drivers. and sound still lagging. its like music or game is played and it lags, interupts for half a second every now and then.

To be more speciffic, i am using Creative Omni soundcard via USB with Dolby digital live, optical cable.

I tryed to change MHZ in windows control panel sound panel. Disable audio enchantments.

Use different USB port. No more ideas to do. I havent found out that others have similar problems, after this update, but i remmember a year back a Dolby digital live problem what was for 2 months or so when MS fixed it.

So im here with lagging sound and no idea what to do..

Can it be fixed, its Creative driver problem or windows.

Was fine before october update.

Any help?

Thank you.

:)

Draconette D, Oct 5, 2018

2. Sound lag/errors (Windows 10)

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is highly appreciated.

I'm sorry to know that you get sound lag errors in
    Windows 10.I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the audio settings of the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Playing Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: Update Audio Driver and check that was causing the issue.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Install optional updates” from the left pane.
    • From the “Windows Update” window, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates and install all the updates listed there.
    Step 2: Try updating the drivers from the Device Manager.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X”.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Search for the Sound Card from the device list and right click on it and select “Update Driver Software”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the latest driver.
    If no drivers are available, then check in the computer and sound card manufacturer’s website for the audio drivers for your sound card. If they are available, then download and
    install them on the computer.

Step 3: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Vijaya Kumari 1, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

I have tried every step that you suggested with no good results. I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE L675D-S7049..

The exact problem is the video and the sound lags and makes a buzzing sound . it does it on all videos and sound. even on iTUNES

DENNISBUZZELL, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound laggy after Win10 upgrade

Hi Wade,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

Install all pending Windows updates. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope sound lagging issue will be fixed. Post us back for further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

1. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update. - Similar Threads - Sound Lag October

2. Lags after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lags after windows 10 update: Before i updated my pc today everything is running smoothly but after the update the speed became half as usual especially in booting which only takes around 10 to 15 seconds, i also experienced more fps drops. Thank you....
  3. Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cracking sound on restart after Windows 10 october update 1809: Recently i installed windows 10 1809 from 1803 . During startup i found a crack or tweak sound (once or twice) other than normal processor sound , every time i restart system. On previous versions it wasn't heard . Should i uninstall it or wait for updates ? ***Title...
  4. No sound since October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  5. Mouse lagging/jittery after Windows 10 October Update

Mouse lagging/jittery after Windows 10 October Update: Will the re-release/update of the Windows 10 October update fix the Mouse lag/jittery problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-laggingjittery-after-windows-10-october/ca95c338-3b9d-485c-bc48-985179193973
  6. Windows 10 crash after October update

Windows 10 crash after October update: Windows 10 crashed after October update. Possible conflict with Kaspersky Internet Security 2015. System restore, factory reset nothing is working. Retrieving files from command prompt. Looks like a clean install is the only way out. My question is, my laptop came...
  7. Game lag after the windows 10 October Update!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lag after the windows 10 October Update!: So, I went to install the update before it got released in the win10 update, created a media tool (Pendrive), and upgraded 2 PCs. After upgrading one of my pc (The Higher End one, actually made for gaming) started to give off issues, sound became terrible! (I have dolby) And...
  8. No sound after the October Win 10 update

No sound after the October Win 10 update: Hi all, Since the last update for Windows 10, I have had no sound. The troubleshooter has found nothing, and in the Playback menu in Sounds, there are "no audio devices installed". In the Device Manager, I have Intel (R) Display Audio listed under sound. I have searched...
  9. Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.

Sound Lag after Windows 10 October update.: Good day ladies and Gentelmen. First time posting a problem, not the first time having problems on windows 10 update, but somehow i usualy got answer how to fix, or simply re rol back on previous version. I like the new windows 10 october update, but after installing...
  10. No speakers sound after October update, horrible lag and 100% CPU usage

No speakers sound after October update, horrible lag and 100% CPU usage: After I did the most recent October 2018 update I don't have sound through the speakers anymore. Moreover, when I uninstall and install the audio drivers and do a restart the PC totally freezes up, the cursor is barely moving and the CPU usage is at 100%. After the next...