Windows 10: sound latency issues

Discus and support sound latency issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my laptop is a lenovo y530-ICH . I have serious sound latency issues. I have updated all drivers of software and hardware, set battery to performance,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chrissophocleous, Mar 2, 2020.

1. sound latency issues

my laptop is a lenovo y530-ICH . I have serious sound latency issues. I have updated all drivers of software and hardware, set battery to performance, reinstalled Windows , disabled various applications , reinstalled drivers , made full scans, tried third party software, no third party Internet security tool ,followed steps advised by different experts on webpages to remedy the issue but the problems continue. LatencyMom shows the same analysis always mentioning ACPI.sys issues. The whole thing is frustrating. The same issues exist in my Surface GO where i had to switch off the wifi to improve things!! . Ive been reading about those issues since early last year. Its time that Microsoft do something about it . Unfortunately, i cannot roll back to earlier Window builds. Thanks.

:)

chrissophocleous, Mar 2, 2020

2. Sound Latency Issues

Yes, this occurs with all programs using sound including browser. The troubleshooting did not work to fix the issue. I downloaded a latency monitoring program which has told me the issue is with the driver storport.sys causing 100,000+ us DPC routine execution
    time

rickbueltmann, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Sound Latency Issues

I have recently run into sound latency issues and think recent updates have caused this as I've successfully used Ableton for 2+ years with no sound crackling, dropouts or popping. I just restored Windows and its still happening. Ran latencymon and get the
    feedback that issue is storport.sys. Any ideas how to fix? Latencymon info:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SYSTEM INFORMATION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Computer name: LENOVO-PC

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134 (x64)

Hardware: 20238, LENOVO, INVALID

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Logical processors: 8

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 8104 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 2394 MHz
    Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the
    signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.
    Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 105149.492355

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 30.901791
    Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 105124.688509

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 28.102392

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.
    Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 105324.005013

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 1.095332

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
    Total time spent in DPCs (%) 1.129141
    DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 60801

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

rickbueltmann, Mar 2, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

sound latency issues

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound latency issues :p

cadaveca, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

sound latency issues

1. sound latency issues - Similar Threads - sound latency issues

2. High latency issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High latency issues: Hi I’m getting extreme DCP latency, audio pop, crackle, distortion, frame drops, out of sync issues. I need to fix this ASAP for an animation music production project for my client. I’ve had this issue on and off for years with windows 10. Usually a rollback or fresh install...
  3. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. Audio dropouts are exceedingly common, and I can't seem to properly diagnose what is causing this problem. This all started when I installed a new HDD, a WD Blue. Of note is that it spun at 5400rpm, which I...
  4. Audio latency issues

Audio latency issues: For a few months now, my PC has been experiencing latency spikes. These initially manifested as no more than audio dropouts, but eventually have begun to escalate into visual dragging, as well. Audio popping is very common now, and the mouse dragging when I try to move it is...
  5. Dual monitor latency issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor latency issues: So this is kind of weird. I have one 1440p 165hz monitor, and one 1080p 60hz monitor. My second monitor (the 1080p one) has latency when scrolling, dragging windows, etc. If I set the second monitor to be the main display in the windows display settings, BOTH monitors are lag...
  6. Latency issues and occasional sound stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latency issues and occasional sound stutters: I've been looking everywhere and this is driving me crazy. I have submitted a feedback ticket for it, and have been using DPC Latency Checker. I am worried I am doing more harm than help. Does anyone have tips on how to make this stop? I edit video, and audio so it gets...
  7. Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014')

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency issue (Realtek, Sony sound bar, 'Rocksmith 2014'): Initial issue: I wanted to see if I could play my bass and guitars in Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound system without latency. My headphones (Audio-Technica ATH-M35), plugged into either the front or rear audio jacks (and using the same drivers as my sound bar),...
  8. Audio Driver sound latency

Audio Driver sound latency: I am running windows 10. i have a sound latency problem. I have read about the Realtek driver issue, but my device manager doesn't say that name, rather it says "High Definition Audio Device. What is really frustrating, is that my old slow windows xp computer was able to do...
  9. Extremely high sound latency issues

Extremely high sound latency issues: I'm having major sound latency issues, and I think I have isolated it to my SSD, I'm just not sure how to fix it at this point. I have run LatencyMod and this is the report I get. Right now, storahci.sys seems to be the main culprit:...
  10. Xonar DSX sound cut / DPC latency issues

Xonar DSX sound cut / DPC latency issues: I installed a Xonar DSX in my current build, and I've been troubleshooting it since. I'll be going with onboard for my next one, but I bought this, and yeah, i'd like it to work. Originally it wasn't recognized by system, but fixed EEPROM issue via link below: Xonar EEPROM...