Windows 10: sound light remain on after shutdown

Discus and support sound light remain on after shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by deependerDevli, Aug 20, 2019.

1. sound light remain on after shutdown

Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown.

:)

deependerDevli, Aug 20, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound light remain on after shutdown :p

cadaveca, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Rivergoat Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Aug 20, 2019
  4. jaustin Win User

sound light remain on after shutdown

No Startup or Shutdown Sound

An interesting suggestion with partial results.

I tried to delete the key as directed but it would not let me?

So I modified the key value from "(value not set)" to 1 and then to 0 and got the same following results for both modified settings:

Using both methods of shutdown described earlier I did get a startup sound!
    I did not get a shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

So with the value set to 0 once again I tried to delete the key. It would not delete but the value changed back to the original "(value not set)" condition. Upon further testing with this condition reset back to same "(value not set)" I still got the startup sound as the 0 and 1 setting and did not get a Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds as before.

Windows 10 seems buggy with inconsistent results. However I did get a startup sound after I modified the values (and attempted to delete) the key you suggested. I can toggle the startup sound now via the control panel mentioned earlier by checking or unchecking the appropriate box. Thank you.

Post Edit: The "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" box has to be unchecked in Power Options for the startup sound to work under the above conditions. Apparently, checking this does circumvent checking to "Play Windows Startup sound" in Sounds within the Control Panel. I still have not been able to enable a shutdown sound so this thread title remains partially solved.

I would welcome more expert comments - especially concerning enabling Shutdown sound or Logon/Logoff sounds.

jaustin, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

sound light remain on after shutdown

1. sound light remain on after shutdown - Similar Threads - sound light remain

2. My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.: I recently updated to windows 11 and then started experiencing shutdown problems. Fans and lights stay running. I have turned off fast startup, the pci express setting in power, checked drivers and believe all are up to date and done a system scan in command prompt with no...
  3. My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.: I recently updated to windows 11 and then started experiencing shutdown problems. Fans and lights stay running. I have turned off fast startup, the pci express setting in power, checked drivers and believe all are up to date and done a system scan in command prompt with no...
  4. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  5. Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Light remains on after turning off zenbook - windows11: Help! Recently had trouble with bitlocker encryption turning itself on. Managed to fix this but now I'm presented with a PC I can't properly turn off. I've checked for driver updates. I've run troubleshooter. I've disabled quick start up. No success. The PC appears to go into...
  6. Sound decreases after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound decreases after shutdown: Hi, I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or shutdown the laptop, the volume is always 1 less than what it was. So 20 would be 19 or 30 would be 29. Like I say it's a minor...
  7. laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown: laptop Shutdown button's light stays on after shutdown My laptop i click shutdown button but laptop keeps on scrolling shutdown symbol. Please help me...
  8. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  9. Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan and power lights remain turned on after shutting down PC: When I turn off my computer, the screen goes back as normal, but the lights remain turned on and the fan doesn't stop. If I hold down the power button for 5 seconds, it powers off, but I want to avoid doing so everytime. I've read a lot of similar questions, but none of...
  10. Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype

Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype: remains on until the Camera access is turned off entirely and then then back on. It is off until I sign on to Skype and initiate a new video call...