Windows 10: Sound limter option under sound settings

Discus and support Sound limter option under sound settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am just looking for some information on a setting in the sound settings open sound settings scroll down to sound control panel under playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leonsurette, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Sound limter option under sound settings

I am just looking for some information on a setting in the sound settings

open sound settings

scroll down to sound control panel

under playback right click on the speaker icon then properties using realtek high definition audio

I have a custom tab which shows a "limited output" option

i was curious does this actually apply a limiter? i work with sound and try to have as blank slate as possible

and wondering if this would effect the out come of sound i record ?

will i have sound problems i cant hear because the sound is being limited on my computer?

or is this basically just turning down the volume ? when i have this off it actually hurts my ears.

I work in FL studio and notice the effect carries over so it has me wondering whats going on ...will it sound different on something else i wonder, suppose i could test this as well.

:)

leonsurette, Nov 26, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound limter option under sound settings :p

cadaveca, Nov 26, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Sound limter option under sound settings

sound not working

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Sound limter option under sound settings

1. Sound limter option under sound settings - Similar Threads - Sound limter option

2. Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound: I can't figure out why if i set my soundcard setting to DTS:X for Home theater and i try to play anything on VLC or Windows Media Player I get no sound on my Nakamishi soundbar it even causes the soundbar to lagPlease look at the video and listen to how many clicks it takes...
  3. Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop sound option set to DTS:X Home Theater no sound: I can't figure out why if i set my soundcard setting to DTS:X for Home theater and i try to play anything on VLC or Windows Media Player I get no sound on my Nakamishi soundbar it even causes the soundbar to lagPlease look at the video and listen to how many clicks it takes...
  4. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  5. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing sound settings option: Hi,I reinstalled my windows 10 and the option for sound setting in SYSTEM display, sound, notifications, apps power is missing so I can no longer adjust the volume microphone and such. How can I get it back?...
  6. Missing sound settings option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. sound options

sound options: must you choose either internal audio or headphone jack output.prior upgrades allowed either with auto switching to headphones when the plug was installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-options/19c53a56-6bde-4bb0-9445-3398f817e75e
  8. Airpods sound settings output option

Airpods sound settings output option: Good Day I have a small question concerning pairing, connecting, and having the output speaker to be through the airpods I know Apple airpods might not be compatible with windows, plus i saw the queston being asked more than once no solution did help, tried the trouble...
  9. Old sound settings options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old sound settings options: Hello all! As I'm sure you've seen this story before, windows 10 changes something and it irritates people. Well this time, it finally got me. The sound settings. WHY, when I right click on my sound icon in the toolbar, and select sound options, it doesn't take me to the...
  10. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

No "stereo mix" option in sound settings: I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I...