Windows 10: Sound Literally died

Discus and support Sound Literally died in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was just playing some games on my computer, then I paused it for 1 minute to go get something. I come back and my sound is completely dead, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xLolzer, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Sound Literally died

So I was just playing some games on my computer, then I paused it for 1 minute to go get something. I come back and my sound is completely dead, I can't hear anything. II restart my pc and I can just barely hear anything. All my sound settings are the same, but I can barely hear anything. I was playing on a controller if that helps, but my output and input are fine. My headphones are fine I just tested them. I can only get my volume to work if I turn everything at 100 and my headphone volume at max, and that doesn't even get as loud as it previously was. Any help is greatly appreciated. Edit: All I did was restart one more time and now I cannot hear any desktop volume. (Such as if i plug a usb drive in, or if I change my volume it's just silent. )

submitted by /u/xLolzer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xLolzer, Feb 23, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Literally died :p

cadaveca, Feb 23, 2021
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Sound Literally died

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Sound Literally died

1. Sound Literally died - Similar Threads - Sound Literally died

2. Critical process died literally nothings worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died literally nothings worked: Ive been dealing with this all day but my pc has had the bsod critical process died chkdsk hasnt worked nor the boot commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-literally-nothings-worked/320fafa1-d6d9-4e93-a57b-f88c38b3cfaa
  3. Critical process died literally nothings worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died literally nothings worked: Ive been dealing with this all day but my pc has had the bsod critical process died chkdsk hasnt worked nor the boot commands https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-literally-nothings-worked/320fafa1-d6d9-4e93-a57b-f88c38b3cfaa
  4. //?/ Connection Appeared Literally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    //?/ Connection Appeared Literally: This happening is weird. For a split second when I was opening an application, I saw the words "//?/Device/" or "//?/Device/Harddisk/". Then it was gone. Surely weird! I have no idea what happened.I do not have a photo. It was just too fast....
  5. Windows literally disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows literally disappeared: Hello, recently my pc cannot boot any ore. Everytine i boot it it goes to the blue screen of death. The thing is i built this computer 7 months ago and had bought a windiws 10 key for it, but now its gone? I was in command prompt and the restart menu trying a bunch if stuff...
  6. Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update literally just deleted my network and sound.: I am very bad at explaining things, but I'll try my best. The latest Windows update just f**ked up my whole sound and ability to have WiFi basically. I have no way to connect to them. It's like they were deleted from existence. The sound icon appesrs in my taskbar, but has a...
  7. Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.

Sound dies after interacting with the volume slider.: So I have just today reinstalled my system, reinstalled the basics and got onto one of my games and thought the sound was too loud through my speakers. So I tabbed out, clicked the volume button in the bottom right and clicked and dragged the volume slider down a bit. As...
  8. bluetooth there is literally no bluetooth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bluetooth there is literally no bluetooth: Ok so im trying to connect my wireless bluetooth earbuds to my laptop but it says that i have to turn on the bluetooth on the laptop and i went to the settings following the steps but the weird thing is that there is absolutely no bluetooth i dont know if i accidentally...
  9. Only system sound works and literally nothing can fix this problem

Only system sound works and literally nothing can fix this problem: For the past few days, the only sound my laptop makes are system sounds. All games and other media doesn't make any noise at all. I've tried everything the internet throws at me to solve the issue and nothing is working. I've checked for updates, auto and manual, nothing is...
  10. Chrome is #1--Literally

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome is #1--Literally: The numbers are in for April 2016, and YES, Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser! Chrome has 41.66% to Explorer’s 41.35%. At 9.76%, Firefox is #3. Safari passed Edge and now holds 4.91%. Opera, under new ownership, at...