Windows 10: Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

Discus and support Sound lost after Windows update to 1903 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound. After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RTesta, Dec 1, 2019.

1. RTesta Win User

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 Pro Build 1903 that lost its sound.
    After the latest update I no longer have a "Speaker" output under my sound devices.

The device is a SB X-Fi, connected to simple speakers. I've followed many various threads on how to fix (disable/re-enable, uninstall, reinstall, update drivers, etc with no luck). The only way to get sound back was to re-image my desktop to original 2017 Windows 10. But after a full update sound is no longer available.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903 18f5bc43-24fb-46a9-a753-2547663731e1?upload=true.jpg

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903 1537c94e-48d6-4712-85de-65cd6bc3bfc1?upload=true.jpg

Sound lost after Windows update to 1903 3906a315-30c1-46a2-bad6-b8ef5b89f838?upload=true.jpg

:)

RTesta, Dec 1, 2019

2. 1903 update lost sound

After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC

JanosVajda, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 1, 2019
  4. JBMouse Win User

update 1903 sound problem

I have just updated to 1903, and have lost all sound. I have a Creative Audigy2 ZS Pro, yes, I know it's old, but it was working perfectly on build 1809.

After this 1903 update, no sound, so I went back to 1809, and hey presto, I got my sound back. I then tried the very latest 1903 build, but lost the sound again. Have MS got an answer? I will have to go back to 1809 if I want to hear anything, but can wait
    a day or so if anyone at MS can give me a solution.

JBMouse, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound lost after Windows update to 1903 - Similar Threads - Sound lost update

2. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  3. Lost sound after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost sound after Windows update.: Lost sound after a Windows 11 update. Turned off and restarted computer several times and still no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-after-windows-update/8aeab7ef-df47-4bd0-b2b2-562eeb532ba3
  4. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  5. No sound after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating to 1903: So I finally got 1903 update but after it was installed I had no sound (there was some notification which led to Windows to mess up my sound settings) and tried changing settings and place of speakers plug in soundcard but no avail. Sounds worked just fine in 1809 and...
  6. 1903 update lost sound

1903 update lost sound: After Win 10 uptade to 1903, I lost the sound of the PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1903-update-lost-sound/4780b6ed-9e37-4cff-89cc-bd956bba0910
  7. Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903

Lost Windows Media Player after update to 1903: Yesterday I updated to 1903, and now I no longer have WMP. I have tried to get it back and get errors saying it is not compatible with this version of WIN10 and to use Groove Music. I also get an error saying my installation of WIN10 can not be validated. I have kept my...
  8. HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903

HDMI no sound after i update windows 1903: Hi guys i have a problem with my laptop asus. No sound in my TV and just showing video. This happen when i update my windows to 1903. Before i update work fine no prob. I can't roll back. I'm search this problem Youtube anything it doesn't work. MY VGA was lastest updated...
  9. Lost sound system after windows updates

Lost sound system after windows updates: After downloading recent update for windows 10, my pc lost sound. Sound device says there is no audio output device is installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-system-after-windows-updates/b731a6c3-70e0-4506-84e9-a3a155d0859e
  10. Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost Sound After Windows 10 Update: Hello and thank you beforehand for any help anyone can give me. I just built a PC that has Windows 10 and a Headphones/Speakers Jack in the front of the case. Right after I logged in, I got a Windows 10 Update which automatically ran. Afterwards, I now have no sound coming...