Windows 10: sound lost during a meeting

Discus and support sound lost during a meeting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; speaker icon on task bar has a red x and message "no audio output device is installed" how do I fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alma de Francisci, Jul 14, 2020.

1. sound lost during a meeting

speaker icon on task bar has a red x and message "no audio output device is installed" how do I fix this

:)

Alma de Francisci, Jul 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound lost during a meeting :p

cadaveca, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 14, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

sound lost during a meeting

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

sound lost during a meeting

1. sound lost during a meeting - Similar Threads - sound lost during

2. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  3. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  4. Meetings Sound Interrupting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meetings Sound Interrupting: Dear support team,I have the following issue with my laptop:I bought my laptop 5 months ago. I use it for work, for playing music using a Windows media player or another app, playing youtube videos, connecting midi-contoller and playing live music, etc. On all occasions, the...
  5. Meetings Sound Interrupting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Meetings Sound Interrupting: Dear support team,I have the following issue with my laptop:I bought my laptop 5 months ago. I use it for work, for playing music using a Windows media player or another app, playing youtube videos, connecting midi-contoller and playing live music, etc. On all occasions, the...
  6. Lost sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost sound: lost the sound how to recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound/9996cfa8-86fd-4092-bf30-370216050ffc
  7. webcam problem during Zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam problem during Zoom meetings: During lockdown my drama group has been recording sketches. I have no camera installed on my Probook 6460b so I bought a webcam. I have found I am well out of sync all the time, not a good look! I dont think its my internet, although I did buy an extender which I am now...
  8. No sound during most recent zoom meeting

No sound during most recent zoom meeting: Last week, I participated in a zoom meeting; was able to project my image and sound w/o problems. However, the other evening, the others could see me, but could not hear me. I went to my HP Pavilion Desktop PC settings, and under "sound," the output reads: choose your...
  9. Incapable Camera during Joining a Meeting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incapable Camera during Joining a Meeting: My camera is not working even though the microphone is working, that is, during meeting colleagues don't see me whilst I can perfectly see them. what hinders the vision....
  10. Lost sound

Lost sound: My Windows 10 system has run OK for at least one year, with the sound working. Some days ago. the sound icon showed a red cross, and the sound had stopped working with the error message: "No audio device is installed". Using the inbuilt diagnostic, the system corrected the...