Windows 10: Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.

Discus and support Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Installed win 10 pro from win 7- lost sound device being recognized on my computer. Troubleshooter states no sound installed. This happened after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kat777, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Kat777 Win User

Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7.

Installed win 10 pro from win 7- lost sound device being recognized on my computer. Troubleshooter states no sound installed. This happened after installing win 10 defender updates. Any solutions??

:)

Kat777, Apr 12, 2021

2. No sound after upgrading to Win 10

After extremely painful upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10, which took wiping system and starting from clean install, which still had issues, I lost multiple drivers, lost network adapter, and sound. After battling for a day finally got network adapter back
    working but still no sound. I have tried all of the suggestions already listed and nothing works. I've uninstalled devices, rebooted, tried reinstalling from original drivers disk but no joy. Found multiple site that want me to pay for the correct drivers
    but since Microsoft Windows is what caused the issue, Microsoft should provide the solution. Is there a location where I can download and install, for NO charge, any drivers that are now missing due to the Win 10 upgrade?

KennethGordineer, Apr 12, 2021
  3. DarrylHXG Win User
    New Desktop - has Win 7 Pro - Have Win 10 Pro DVD

Seems that my previous attempts to upgrade to Win 10 Pro via the manufacturer supplided DVD have lost my Win 7 Pro installation.

Using the supplied Dell Win 10 Pro DVD, or I can migrate this to a USB, is it possible to install Win 10 Pro now that the Win 7 is gone? Or do I need to reinstall Win 7 Pro before attempting to install Win 10 Pro.

Thanks.

DarrylHXG, Apr 12, 2021
  4. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound lost when installed win 10 pro from win 7. - Similar Threads - Sound lost installed

2. Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install Win 10 from Win 7: Failed to format disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-win-10-from-win-7/4772e720-c6b4-4a5f-9e9c-d5f1baa7c605
  3. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  4. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  5. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  6. Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop/user upgrading from win 7 to win 10: Upgraded from win 7 to win 10 from a mem stick. That installation could not download win updates. At this point both main and secondary desktops/users were present to log into. Then re-installed win 10 using media creation tool on microsoft website. Now the second one is not...
  7. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  9. Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated to win 10 from win 7 and now no sound: So I am using an older laptop HP Dv9700, when I was running win 7 64 bit sound worked fine, updated to win 10 last night, the last night I could and now I don't have any sound from either the speakers or my headphones. I have been told to download either Realtek HD audio...
  10. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819