Windows 10: Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information

Discus and support Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After months of regular use with no issue, the Sound Device manager on my laptop is now asserting that a stereo USB mixer can only record as "1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Seasofcheese010, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information

After months of regular use with no issue, the Sound Device manager on my laptop is now asserting that a stereo USB mixer can only record as "1 channel, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality)" rather than the 2 Channel setting I keep setting it as.

This change from 2 channel to 1 seems to have come on over night, and it refuses to apply any changes that aren't the settings above. Any ideas on how to restore stereo recording capability?

:)

Seasofcheese010, Oct 21, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Microphone Sound Quality

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, you could try the following:

Step 1 - Run the troubleshooter

a) Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

b) Click on Troubleshooting.

c) Click onView all option on the left side of the Windows.

d) Click on Playing Audio option.

e) Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.

Step 2 - Check your microphone’s drivers

1. Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select Update Driver Software.

4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed. You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the
    driver.

Step 3 - Manually turn up the mic gain

1. Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.

2. Select the Recording tab.

3. Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select Properties.

4. Select the Levels tab.

Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click Apply.

PeterFlynn4, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information

my microphone isn t working

Hi Alexandra,

You may experience problems with a device due to an issue with its driver or the hardware device itself. To narrow down the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you currently running? To check your build, go to
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • Have you tried using the microphone on a different computer?
    • Have you tried using a different microphone?

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information

1. Sound manager isn't applying updated microphone format information - Similar Threads - Sound manager isn't

2. Microphone Access Information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Access Information: Good afternoon to you all!I want to know if there is a Windows option to have like a log of the Microphone usage, like what app is using it and the start and end times of usage.I have tried to use the Event Viewer, but I am not able to find that specific information, only the...
  3. Microphone Access Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Access Information: Good afternoon to you all!I want to know if there is a Windows option to have like a log of the Microphone usage, like what app is using it and the start and end times of usage.I have tried to use the Event Viewer, but I am not able to find that specific information, only the...
  4. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  5. Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't 2 Channel not showing up as a microphone format.: So I had just bought a Sudotack - 800 microphone, and for some reason it doesn't contain channel two for a mic format, which makes the microphone sound terrible, anything I can do to make 2 channel show up as a mic format?...
  6. Can't change the sound format of my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change the sound format of my microphone: I have a new blue yeti and my mobo is a x570 tuf gaming idk if that relevant. I cant change my mic format higher than 16 bit and I'd like to know how to raise this so I can use my mic to its full capacity....
  7. Microphone default format?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone default format?: Not sure if I'm in the right sub for this but it is a Windows setting In my mic sound settings (Blue Snowball iCE microphone), default format is set to 16 bit, 44100hz (CD quality). It can go up to 16bit 48k hz DVD quality, is there any reason why I shouldn't change the...
  8. Microphone settings will not apply

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone settings will not apply: Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the...
  9. My microphone isn't listed in the Device Management

My microphone isn't listed in the Device Management: My laptop's built-in microphone hasn't been able to record audio for a while, so I tried various methods online to try and fix it. I then realized that the microphone wasn't a device listed on the device management. I looked up some ways to fix this issue online but couldn't...
  10. Microphone Default Format.

Microphone Default Format.: I have an Asus X540LA Laptop, with Realtek HD Audio Manager. The Microphone device is known as "Realtek High Definition Audio". When I go to Realtek HD Audio Manager -> Microphone -> Default Format, I get only two options that are 1. 16 Bits, 44100 Hz CD Quality 2. 16...