Windows 10: Sound microfreezes and system interrupts

Discus and support Sound microfreezes and system interrupts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey everyone, My problem was discovered about 3 months ago after another big Windows update, then there were attempts to solve it with varying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lia_S, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Lia_S Win User

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts

Hey everyone,

My problem was discovered about 3 months ago after another big Windows update, then there were attempts to solve it with varying success.
    My laptop: Dell Inspiron 5737
    Windows 10 Home 20H2 64x 19042,928
    I use all automatic system and driver updates and Windows Defender.

The main symptom is sound problems: there were jamming, freezing microfreezes, sometimes cracking, and from any source music, video, games, online cinemas, etc.. Usually sounds like "trrr"
    You can evaluate how it sounds on the video from the screen - https://youtu.be/Mr3H_DrYEII

In the device manager, the "System interrupts" process hangs at the top, although the startup load is minimal.

What has been tried and did NOT work:
    All options from this article, these methods are usually advised by everyone - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8

1 Attempts to adjust the properties of sound devices - disabling all effects and mono-user mode, choosing the minimum bit depth and sampling frequency of sound;
    2 Reinstallation of the audio driver from the official website of the manufacturer Realtek;
    3 Changing the driver to "Device with High Definition Audio support";
    4 sfc / scannow did not find any errors;
    5 The utility DISM also did not change anything;
    6 Checking for viruses using DrWeb Live CD did not find anything;
    7 Removing the audio device and audio controller in the Device Manager;
    8 Disable all background applications;
    9 Disable third-party access to the "Confidentiality" section;
    10 Cleanup drive C: through the built-in tool, incl. our files;
    11 Checking the disk for errors;

12 An external USB sound card was purchased, and sound distortion continued when using it;

13 DirectX check utility

p.s. BIOS settings have not changed, since there is nothing to change in them, in the laptop there are only 2 options: choosing a boot source and setting a password.
    BIOS: Dell A12, driver dated 05/27/2019

Then I've installed LatencyMon and DPC Latency Checker programs there were identified delays caused by incorrect operation of the drivers. The highest score was for "USB 1.1 and 2.0 Port Driver".

Screenshot # 1

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts 619da3d1-169a-406d-b7f9-01a44ad913fa?upload=true.jpg

Screenshot # 2

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts 924bf01c-0a93-487d-9638-f5f8f37c8a76?upload=true.jpg

Screenshot # 3

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts b36b3a53-6f22-41d8-940c-703ae42525f6?upload=true.jpg

What I've done next: all devices in the "USB controllers" branch from the Device Manager were deleted, then the laptop was rebooted, and the sound freezes stopped! LatencyMon also showed no latency. It was a wonderful few days

And then another forced Windows 10 update happened, the problem came back again. No methods helped, LatencyMon still shows the latency for this "USB 1.1 and 2.0 Port Driver" driver. The second most latency driver is the Microsoft Mass Storage Port Driver and the High Definition Audio Bus Driver.

Then Windows 10 was completely reinstalled from the cloud, now the system is absolutely clear, but this did not solve the problem with sound freezes and system interrupts. The drivers at the moment are the ones that the system has selected and installed.

I feel tired and hopeless, I have never had such problems with Windows 7.

If you have any ideas how to fix it please help me!

:)

Lia_S, Apr 20, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound microfreezes and system interrupts :p

cadaveca, Apr 20, 2021
  3. jaorg1234 Win User
    High CPU usage when idle - System and System interrupts

I've been trying to find a solution for a while and decided to ask here for more help. I've noticed that my CPU usage is pretty high when idle, even after a cold reboot of the computer:

Task Manager View showing "System" and "System interrupts" causing a high CPU load:

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts vcOPv.png

I've tried to dig deeper and used Processor Explorer to get more information, which, strangely enough, shows that "System interrupts" uses up more % of the CPU than the "System" process:

Process Explorer showing that "Interrupts" is taking up 20% of the CPU load:

Sound microfreezes and system interrupts PC2cj.png

Next I've tried to narrow down the causes of the interrupts by using the Windows Performance Recorder and analyze the graph using the Windows Performance Analyzer (can't post the screenshot due to not having enough rep, but it looks like hal.dll is causing the most interrupts, but less than the 20% seen with Process Explorer)

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Information about my computer:

• Windows 10
    • Intel Core i5-4790k
    • AMD R390 GPU
    • 8 GB Ram

I've updated the GPU and sound drivers and Windows is up to date.

jaorg1234, Apr 20, 2021
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Sound microfreezes and system interrupts - Similar Threads - Sound microfreezes system

2. System interrupts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System interrupts: I'm facing some issues with my hp pavilion. Recently when i tried opening my edge browser it crashed 3 times which never happened before. So i looked up in my task manager and found out that System interrupts are using up 100% or sometimes 80% of my cpu. I don't know what's...
  3. System interrupts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System interrupts: My system frequently just slows down completely. I have tried everything I can think of. Updates are all done. Antivirus is working. When I check the task manager, it shows system interrupts using most of the CPU etc. From time to time I get an error message in my browser,...
  4. system interrupts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts: My computer often freezes on start up. This time when I checked to task manager I found that system interrupts was utilising 100% of my Intel i7 processor. I am running Windows 10 home with all updates in place. Ram is 12. According to task manager it is not a good idea...
  5. System Interrupts?

System Interrupts?: Hello! I had an issue where when I changed the DNS IP in Network Adapter properties, my Windows suddenly did not respond at all for maybe 20 seconds, then it fell down to 0.1% for the System Interrupts in Task Manager! Is this normal? It seems to be normal 100% of the time...
  6. System Interrupts

System Interrupts: So I have a Asus VivoBook x541u with the following specs(initial) specs: Intel core i7-7500u 2.7 Ghz (boosted to 3.5 Ghz) 1 TB HDD 6 GB DDR4 RAM Nvidia Geforce GT 920 MX 2 GB Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition Recently I have upgraded my ram from 6 GB to 12 GB and removed...
  7. system interrupt

system interrupt: system interrupt is occurring in task manager and using 2.1% of cpu usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupt/741e60c7-3784-4b0d-90b3-33024503558b
  8. System interrupt

System interrupt: After opening any game or autocad program got forcefully closed and cpu usage seemed to be 100% showing system interrupt how to solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupt/151a9f9a-ce4d-4bc5-9d64-748d6e3b21be
  9. Microfreezes and BSOD

Microfreezes and BSOD: Hello ! For some time i am experiencing microfreezes that occurs randomly, mostly when i am gaming, but not only. The video just freezes for half a second and audio is buzzing. I also experience BSOD at startup sometime. I can not tie this events to anything specific. I tried...
  10. System interrupts

System interrupts: Starting about yesterday System interrupts has been hogging all of my cpu power. Restarting my computer does not fix the issue. System interrupts only begins to use excessive cpu power when i connect to Wi-Fi. If i restart my computer and i do not connect to Wi-Fi then it...