Windows 10: Sound microphone issues.

Discus and support Sound microphone issues. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why did microsoft remove the microphone level adjustment from the speaker properties dialog in win 10? Has it been moved somewhere else? For sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dennisgl, May 12, 2020.

1. dennisgl Win User

Sound microphone issues.

Why did microsoft remove the microphone level adjustment from the speaker properties dialog in win 10? Has it been moved somewhere else? For sound recording purposes my computer is nothing more than a boat anchor without this feature.

:)

dennisgl, May 12, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, May 12, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 12, 2020
  4. Sound microphone issues.

Issues with using Microphone on Windows 10 and hearing echoing sound while recording through it.

Hi Vicki,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in sound settings or audio driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message while using Microphone?
    • Have you made any changes in microphone settings?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you checked the issue with other microphone devices?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the below Microsoft Help Article
    and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Microphone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Sound microphone issues.

1. Sound microphone issues. - Similar Threads - Sound microphone issues

2. Sound/microphone problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound/microphone problems: Hi, I have problem with my microphone on my headset. It still doesn't want to work even though it work fine on other devices and the 3.5 mm jack I also fine tested with other headphones. I have tried several aproches to resolve this problem, however all of them failed. One...
  3. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  4. The microphone and sound disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The microphone and sound disappeared: Please help, I can't use my microphone and input devices have disappeared on freshly updated Lenovo Windows 10 64-bit laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-microphone-and-sound-disappeared/75d6855a-6023-4184-9b71-4488b317b72e
  5. Microphone problem and sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone problem and sound: My microphone is not picking up sound just staying stagnant and not moving at all. Have unmute in the setting. Pls help. Kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-problem-and-sound/adc7434d-f6f8-4fbe-981c-7dbaa38a4edd
  6. Sound and Microphone not working

Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  7. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  8. USB Microphone & sound

USB Microphone & sound: What happened? I added my USB professional microphone and my sound went out. I can no longer hear any sound from my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-sound/b74a29e2-079b-443c-98f3-f5e4b747681e
  9. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  10. Microphone/Sound Issues

Microphone/Sound Issues: I am (again) having microphone issues. If I: Right Click Speaker Icon Choose 'Recording Devices' Double Click 'Microphone' Choose 'Levels' Tab The marker sits at the '0' (or 'OFF') position on the slide, and the 'speaker' is 'X'd" out. (As - hopefully - shown in...