Windows 10: Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

Discus and support Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently installed windows, on a new computer, downloaded the drivers from the official contructor website (it's an Acer Nitro V17... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Meri Amelion, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

Hi,

I have recently installed windows, on a new computer, downloaded the drivers from the official contructor website (it's an Acer Nitro V17 VN7-793G).
    I quickly noticed that I had sounds that resembled the Windows System sounds, but I had disabled the system sounds through the mixer. I noticed that I couldn't track which program it came from, because whenever the sound mixer is opened, then the sound levels attributed to the program to take effect. But if I close the sound mixer, then the mixer's parameters are simply ignored, and even if an app is mute or has around 0% sound in the mixer, the sound emitted by the app will be blasting at 100%.

My windows key was invalid so my windows is unactivated for now, I ignore if my problems could be consequences of that.

:)

Meri Amelion, Aug 18, 2018

2. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Aug 18, 2018
  3. I2Believe Win User
    Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

Sound Mixer Issue

I am having some problems with the sound mixer in Windows 7.

Garrysmod seems to not like it! It sets the bar down very low so sound cannot be heard, so I have to change it up to whatever level I want every map!

Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened Capture002807.jpg

PIC RELATED. The bar goes very low, and this is the desired height for it now! Anyway to get rid of the sound mixer feature all together?

PVTCaboose1337, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

1. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened - Similar Threads - Sound Mixer Affecting

2. Issue with sound mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with sound mixer: Hi,I have a problem that I can't see any devices in the sound mixer, and I can't adjust the volume there either. The position of the slider does not affect the volume level, besides on the left side the icon of the sound muted is still displayed even though the sounds works....
  3. Issue with sound mixer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with sound mixer: Hi,I have a problem that I can't see any devices in the sound mixer, and I can't adjust the volume there either. The position of the slider does not affect the volume level, besides on the left side the icon of the sound muted is still displayed even though the sounds works....
  4. Sound mixer issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound mixer issue: Hello there.I have a sound issue with my laptop. I modified some settings not long ago and now when I'm restarting the device it makes a really bad sound. And it is loud.You can find it here: Settings > System > Sound > Volume mixer. To temporarily fix this, I have to mute as...
  5. Sound mixer issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound mixer issue: Hello there.I have a sound issue with my laptop. I modified some settings not long ago and now when I'm restarting the device it makes a really bad sound. And it is loud.You can find it here: Settings > System > Sound > Volume mixer. To temporarily fix this, I have to mute as...
  6. Sound-volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  7. No sound unless Sound Settings is open?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound unless Sound Settings is open?: Hello, So I have had this problem for like 4 months and now I finally want to fix it. Basically, when windows 10 boots up, my sound works perfect but as soon as a video game, zoom or discord opens up, my sound stops working unless I have the Sound Settings in System...
  8. No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound from Pc unless sound setting are open.: I don't get any sound from my PC unless I open sound settings. I don't know what's going on and it's very frustrating. I would open a game and not sound so I open sound setting and low and behold the sound output device is correct and the sound comes on. I thought okay weird...
  9. stereo mixer sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stereo mixer sound: since last windows update i cant play sound in chat rooms. i had no problem before update, i update sound driver and ran troubleshooting sound, still nothing i do have sound, play music but once enable stereo mixer , its horrible, i rolled back driver etc done everything...
  10. Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Mixer Not Affecting Programs Sounds Unless Opened: Hi, I recently installed Windows on a new computer (acer Nitro V17 VN7-793G), and installed all given drivers on Acer's website. Here's the issue: I muted the system sounds through the mixer, but when an event triggering system sounds occur, the sound do happen. Except...