Windows 10: sound mute when I try to change volume

Discus and support sound mute when I try to change volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thifiuza, Nov 7, 2019.

1. sound mute when I try to change volume

If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot.

My System:

Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update)

MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2)

Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio plugs, never could get any sound from that, both drivers up-to-date)

Sound Cards Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Playback Devices Alto-falantes (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default) Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio) Speaker Configuration Speaker type Stereo

Graphics

Monitor Name 23MB35 on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Current Resolution 1920x1080 pixels Work Resolution 1920x1080 pixels State Enabled, Primary Monitor Width 1920 Monitor Height 1080 Monitor BPP 32 bits per pixel Monitor Frequency 60 Hz Device \\\\.\\DISPLAY1\\Monitor0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Manufacturer NVIDIA Model GeForce GTX 1050 Device ID 10DE-1C81 Revision A2 Subvendor Gigabyte (1458) Current Performance Level Level 0 Current GPU Clock 1392 MHz Current Memory Clock 3504 MHz Current Shader Clock 3504 MHz Voltage 0.675 V Technology 14 nm Bus Interface PCI Express x16 Temperature 36 °C Driver version 26.21.14.4112 BIOS Version 86.07.2f.00.68 Physical Memory 2047 MB Virtual Memory 2048 MB

Count of performance levels : 1

Level 1 - "Perf Level 0"

GPU Clock 607 MHz

Shader Clock 405 MHz

submitted by /u/Thifiuza
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thifiuza, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Tendows Win User

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Nov 7, 2019
  3. How can i get the volume mixer sound for a particular game if it's muted from volume mixer

OT- Sound Issues

Since programs are only listed in volume mixer if they are "making sound", and you mute it from volume mixer, how can you get it back as listed on volume mixer because if it's muted from volume mixer then it won't make sound for volume mixer to identify
    therefore you can never get it back, but I need volume for the game I'm playing. Is there a way to get it to reappear even though it's permanently muted? I've been searching for an answer but it's all saying to make the program make noise so it registers,
    but it's muted from volume mixer, so how do I get it to make noise??

SummerMarceaux, Nov 7, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

sound mute when I try to change volume

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

sound mute when I try to change volume

1. sound mute when I try to change volume - Similar Threads - sound mute try

2. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  3. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  4. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  6. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar: I had this strange issue and looked it up - apparently others have had this issue as well.What I found was that it was somehow related to a Windows Alarm that I had set and not dismissed - but the alarm window was no longer being displayedi turned off Windows Alarms and the...
  7. Sound becomes muted while changing volume with slider in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound feedback when changing volume with volume slider: Hello, I'm getting no notification sound when I increase/decrease volume from task bar. So, as a result, I am unable to hear how loud is the new volume of sound. Also, the system is able to play music normally and other sound notifications. Note that the Windows "sound"...
  9. Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting

Volume Mixer Shows Sound Muting and Unmuting: As of recently I've been experiencing some sound problems. At first it showed my volume unmuting and muting very quickly when I wasn't doing anything. I did some troubleshooting and it told me that "opening audio enhancements might help", and gives me an option to open or to...
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...