Windows 10: Sound Muted When Resuming Video

Discus and support Sound Muted When Resuming Video in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Corelogik, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Corelogik Win User

Sound Muted When Resuming Video

I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue.

Background;
    UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker system.

6 days ago on the 18th, I swapped my GTX 960 which was dying due to severe over-heating and age, for an RX580. The RX580 installed fine and everything appeared to go well. Video, Audio resumed as I had it before without the dying GTX 960's issues.

Approximately 2 days ago, I noticed an annoying issue;
    I often open many Youtube tabs at once and then play, close, play down the list. Sometimes, as happens, I have to pause a video for anywhere from 30 seconds to a few hours before I can finish watching it. When I click to resume the video, the video plays but I have no sound until I refresh the page.

Until tonight, this issue was limited to Google Chrome. Tonight while watching a movie in VLC with some friends, I noticed that if I paused VLC, upon resume the audio will stay muted for 1-3 seconds, and then unlike Chrome, the audio will resume with no further issues unless I pause it again.

All nVidia Software/Drivers were uninstalled from the system before installing the new video card.

I am using Google Chrome v84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Radeon Software Version 2020.0515.1537.28108
    Driver Version 19.50.29.27-200515a-355311C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020 (Which as far as I can tell is the most recent "recommended" version from AMD).

Windows 10 x64 Home, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016)

:)

Corelogik, Aug 25, 2020

2. muted app has sound

To be more specific. App is Bitcoin Miner. Ad appears as a video in app window. App still shows muted symbol, but sound is playing. There is a back button that stops the video and reverts app to normal state. Ad doesn't affect apps work. My security is
    far beyond suggested, so there is no malware nor any other unwanted program. Ad is part of the app, but sound somehow circumvents the muting of the app. Mixer shows only that app and system sounds, no other apps appear when sound occur.

RaleDjurdan, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Sound in video recording is mute

When I record videos from my Lumia 925, video is as usual but there is no any trace of sounds. But when record with earphone attached, then It gets the sounds.

it seems my microphone during recording is muted. I tried soft resetting my phone but still, no success. Please help me.

pravinkprince, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

Videos with no sound

Hi Lee,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

1. Were you able to play Videos through Photo app previously?
    2. Have you verified if any other MP4 videos are playing through photos app?
    3. Which version of Windows and build version is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system
    am I running
    ’ to provide the details.

However, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Method 1

1. Right click on Volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Click on Open Volume Mixer.
    3. The Volume Mixer will load a list of all the running multimedia applications.
    4. Check if the volume status is Mute/Unmute under photos app.
    5. If it’s in mute status, unmute it.
    6. If not, try the method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    for more troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Sound Muted When Resuming Video

1. Sound Muted When Resuming Video - Similar Threads - Sound Muted Resuming

2. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  3. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Pausing / Resuming: I am having an issue in my pc that when ever i try to see and video from youtube or any other site its gets in loop of pausing and resuming the video like someone has presses the pausing and resuming button...
  4. Video Pausing / Resuming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  6. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  7. Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound is muted between dialogues in videos/streams: Hello, I have pretty weird and annoying issue. When I'm watching a movie/stream, my sound is muting itself between dialogues - it only happens in those situations. Someone says something in a movie, MUTE, when the person resumes, it suddenly unmutes. Longer the dialogue is,...
  8. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. Sound Plays Even When Muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Plays Even When Muted: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13, 9360. I leave my sound on mute but the computer will still make noises (when I try to close a file before saving, that bell noise or videos will start playing on open tabs and their sound can be heard). I have tried...
  10. Sound mutes when changing desktops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...