Windows 10: Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

Discus and support Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by john324, Jan 17, 2022.

1. john324 Win User

Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when you activate it and restart. The next day they are muted again so you go through the same process. The windows 10 program has been reinstalled and I did a restore but nothing seems to solve the problem. The trouble shooter always fixes the problem but it never lasts. Also tells me that the Drivers are okay and there is no

:)

john324, Jan 17, 2022

2. Sounds mutes automatically

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 17, 2022
  3. tallguy Win User
    Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Louie Del Win User

Constant Muting Internal Microphone

Hi Terri,

If the internal microphone of your device is muting on its own, it can be due to an incompatible driver, broken system components or a software conflict has occurred. To isolate your concern, we’d like to confirm if you’ve made some
    changes and updates on your computer prior to the issue.

Additionally, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix any sound issues. Please check this
    article for the instructions and choose from the drop-down list for other troubleshooting
    steps that you can follow.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night. - Similar Threads - Sound mutes itself

2. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  3. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity.Razer Blade 14- Windows 11 Home, everything up to date.Monitors: Dell S2721DGF connected via HDMI @144Hz, Dell P2421 connected via DP @60HzSteps to...
  4. Sound mute after tv Screen turn off

Sound mute after tv Screen turn off: I have a problem with my pc and its make me crazy: My pc specification : Core i5 6gen Ram 8 ddr4 Gtx 750 ti Iam connecting my pc to led hdtv by using hdmi. My problem is when i play a game first time the sound work normaly but when electricity goes off and turn on the tv. the...
  5. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  6. Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound mutes itself when you turn off computer at night.: I have had this problem for some time. Carlo has worked with me and requested the make of my computer however I could not figure out how to get it to him and got disconnected. The speakers shut down when you turn the computer off at night. The trouble shooter fixes them when...
  7. Night light turning itself off after display turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light turning itself off after display turn off: Hello, I'm having problems with Night light turning itself off after the display has turned itself off because of inactivity. MOBO: Asus X570-F latest BIOS, tried older versions VGA: nVidia RTX2070 latest driver, tried older versions OS: Windows 10 Pro 20H2, fully updated....
  8. How to turn off the sound when you type

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off the sound when you type: I have looked online for a solution to this problem and the response was as below. HOWEVER there is not 'Sounds you hear' choice in the right hand pane. I also looked in 'Devices' and followed other instructions to stop the noise that I am hearing right now as I type this,...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...