Windows 10: sound no longer working

Discus and support sound no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ede_155, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Ede_155 Win User

sound no longer working

I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc. can be found? windows encountered a problem installing driver for the devise??? help please...

:)

Ede_155, Sep 13, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound no longer working :p

cadaveca, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sound no longer working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

sound no longer working

1. sound no longer working - Similar Threads - sound longer working

2. Touchpad no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad no longer working: As the title says! It occured (maybe coincidentally) after a Windows 10 update a couple of days ago. I have done the obvious, Fn and F7 but that didn't work. I have gone back a build on Windows 10. Installed and update drivers from the manufacturers (Acer) website....
  3. HDMI no longer providing sound

HDMI no longer providing sound: This was previous thread..... But never once does it state what driver?? only states "the driver" Is it the sound or hdmi or both? Jennifer Cha Microsoft Agent | Moderator Thank you for the additional details. In this case, we recommend that you uninstall the...
  4. Slideshow will no longer work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Slideshow will no longer work: I have the slideshow option enabled and a folder of pictures selected for it. It will not work even though it was working yesterday. None of the settings have changed, it just decided not to work anymore all of a sudden....
  5. Headphones no longer work

Headphones no longer work: After an up date my headphones will no longer work. It does not matter if I plug them into the speakers that do work or the headphone jack on the front panel. When I restarted my computer to see if that would help, it came on with auto repair message and reset my computer...
  6. Softwares are no longer working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Softwares are no longer working: Hi, I formatted my laptop some weeks ago in order to get a fresh start ,and upon loading the system with my softwares, I found out my softwares are no longer opening. Then they all have the same size 1,014 kb. Please what can be the cause of this....
  7. touchscreen no longer works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchscreen no longer works: I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?...
  8. W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized

W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized: When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I go to device manager, there...
  9. windows 10 default sounds no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 default sounds no longer working: The speakers do work in other apps such as video or YouTube or online films or when I double click a wav file in the C:\Windows\media location where the Windows Default looks for sounds, but only do not work with Windows Program Events such as found in the Windows Default...
  10. WSearch No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Support
    WSearch No Longer Working: For some reason the search indexing service has stopped and I can't restart it. I've tried rebooting multiple times. I've seen some other threads mention RPC and it is indeed running on my system. This happened very recently (24 hours). From the services panel, trying to...