Windows 10: sound no longer working

Discus and support sound no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ede_155, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Ede_155 Win User

sound no longer working

I have no sound after update running the sound check I am told no devises are installed??- 2 days ago it all worked perfectly and now no driver etc. can be found? windows encountered a problem installing driver for the devise??? help please...

:)

Ede_155, Sep 13, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound no longer working :p

cadaveca, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sound no longer working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

sound no longer working

1. sound no longer working - Similar Threads - sound longer working

2. sound no longer working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound no longer working: sound on my computer no longer working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-no-longer-working/3e658450-b4fb-4c9c-9887-a37e2dfcaa4a
  3. Sound input no longer working after Windows updates

Sound input no longer working after Windows updates: It seems after a few windows updates my Stereo Mix Realtek High Definition sound input is no longer working. WHen I go to settings in Windows 10 it shows "Test your microphone" but I'm not using a microphone I'm using the onboard realtek sound device. If I click "Trouble...
  4. Sound is no longer working

Sound is no longer working: When I got onto my PC today my sound was no longer working through my Sound Blaster.[ATTACH] That is what I see when I launch the Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel. I can still get sound if I plug my headset in or if I move the audio jack from the Sound Blaster hardware...
  5. Sound icon on taskbar no longer working

Sound icon on taskbar no longer working: Just yesterday Aug 26, 2020 the sound icon that I use regularly to adjust volume has stopped working. I'm sure there's a simple fix, but I haven't found it. Please help?...
  6. HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Sound no longer working normally in Windows 10: I bought my PC 5 days ago. It was working perfectly normal - sound and everything. 2 days ago however, I started to hear glitches. My sound will disconnect for a split second and connect back, constantly interrupting whatever I'm doing. It turns out that the audio output...
  7. Windows system sounds are no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows system sounds are no longer working: A couple of days ago out if sudden Windows 10 system sounds stopped working"Notification sound, navigation sound, etc.". I did everything that could be done, I uninstalled the audio driver and reinstalled it, I updated the drivers, I installed Windows updates, I checked...
  8. Upgrade fail sound no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade fail sound no longer works: Each time I have tried to upgrade from Win 10 1903 18362.10024 my sound no longer works, broken sound or no sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-fail-sound-no-longer-works/7323d76e-7a12-4b03-ac58-6553a7afa2ce
  9. W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized

W10 caused sound to not work, now sound card no longer recognized: When I first went from W8.1 to W10, everything worked except the sound. Now after several updates, the icon speaker in task bar has an x by it, and when I hover mouse over icon the message states that "no audio output device is installed." When I go to device manager, there...
  10. windows 10 default sounds no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 default sounds no longer working: The speakers do work in other apps such as video or YouTube or online films or when I double click a wav file in the C:\Windows\media location where the Windows Default looks for sounds, but only do not work with Windows Program Events such as found in the Windows Default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound no longer works