Windows 10: Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

Discus and support Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JBC1001, Feb 8, 2019.

1. JBC1001 Win User

Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test.

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows due to a new hard drive. One of the ongoing problems I've had since then is sound not playing on certain videos. This is Windows 10 on a desktop computer, and I'm using the built-in sound from the motherboard. (I also have an nVidia graphics card which my computer keeps suggesting could play sound, but I do not have the cable to connect the card to speakers.)

I'm trying to troubleshoot with the motherboard sound, though. The sound works with many programs, including some videos - sometimes it will even be intermittent on videos, stopping or starting after a certain point. The main thing I've found in my troubleshooting is that when I test the sound, when there are supposed to be six notes played three times, the only one I hear is the first time. Also, inspecting web elements suggest it may also have something to do, when dealing with browsers, with HTML5.

I've downloaded codecs, checked I have the latest drivers numerous times, turned off special audio settings and done the best I could at trying to narrow down the problem making sure nothing is muted and. Would anyone being able to help me further?

Thanks in advance.

:)

JBC1001, Feb 8, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 8, 2019
  3. No sound, won't play music, "Failed to play test tone" - Windows 10 made the music die

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue with sound and also you get an error
    "Failed to play test tone" while playing music. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    Let’s try performing the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1.

Run the Audio troubleshooters.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press start button.
    • Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
    • Now click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Run the Play audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts. Once this is done, restart the computer and check the status.

Method 2.

Try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Also refer the below article and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article holds good to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Sudheendra S, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Sound not playing on certain videos, part of sound test. - Similar Threads - Sound playing certain

2. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  3. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps: Hi,I'm having an issue with my headset, it's playing sound on spotify and test headphone tab under the sound settings but for every other program and website I'm not getting any sound from my headset....
  4. Headset Playing Sounds on Only Certain Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound doesnt play on certain Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound doesnt play on certain Programs: i installed software called razer axon and doesnt play sound somehow.i can see sound coming in volume mixer but doesnt show sound in master volume somehow[image1]for other apps its completely fine but 1 app doesnt work.my windows are 20H2 but doesnt sound okay.[image2]...
  6. Sound doesnt play on certain Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound doesnt play on certain Programs: i installed software called razer axon and doesnt play sound somehow.i can see sound coming in volume mixer but doesnt show sound in master volume somehow[image1]for other apps its completely fine but 1 app doesnt work.my windows are 20H2 but doesnt sound okay.[image2]...
  7. Sound doesnt play on certain Programs

8. failed to play test sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    failed to play test sound: about a day ago my pc just stopped sending audio through all of my connected audio devices, i checked the device manager and windows services and all my drivers and services seem to be working fine, but whenever i open my sound control panel and try to play the test sound i...
  9. Test Sound

Test Sound: I started a test sound on my speakers and now I cannot make it stop playing.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-sound/4fc73092-70e5-4e46-8aab-da0a9012462c
  10. Play video with sound repeatedly from a video

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play video with sound repeatedly from a video: I found this problem in some of my media player software that i was using, Media Player Classic with KLite media codec installed and XunLei Media Player. for eg. a video in the length of 10 minutes, it will repeat the 2 second of the audio sound from the video, repeat the...