Windows 10: Sound not turning down

Discus and support Sound not turning down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I haven't made any recent changes to my pc but today the sound decided to stop responding. It wont turn down, even if it's at 0%, so my pc is kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TroyMuehlbauer, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Sound not turning down

I haven't made any recent changes to my pc but today the sound decided to stop responding. It wont turn down, even if it's at 0%, so my pc is kind of unusable with my headphones at the moment. Severely hurt my ears when first ocurred, please help.

:)

TroyMuehlbauer, Feb 24, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not turning down :p

cadaveca, Feb 24, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Sound not turning down

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Sound not turning down

1. Sound not turning down - Similar Threads - Sound turning down

2. Turn down system sounds on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn down system sounds on windows 11: In previous versions of windows system sounds were on the volume mixer list. Is this moved or removed? How can I turn down system sounds relative to other sounds on my systemThank you....
  3. Turn down system sounds on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn down system sounds on windows 11: In previous versions of windows system sounds were on the volume mixer list. Is this moved or removed? How can I turn down system sounds relative to other sounds on my systemThank you....
  4. I can't turn down the sound in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't turn down the sound in Windows 11.: I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop and I can't turn down the sound on it. I tried playing with the speaker and master volume, reinstalling drivers and running troubleshooters, but nothing is working. Do you have an idea what's going on? Thanks.Kylar...
  5. I can't turn down the sound in Windows 11.

I can't turn down the sound in Windows 11.: I have an HP Pavilion 15 laptop and I can't turn down the sound on it. I tried playing with the speaker and master volume, reinstalling drivers and running troubleshooters, but nothing is working. Do you have an idea what's going on? Thanks.Kylar...
  6. Sound turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound turns on by itself: I checked my audio driver and it is up to date. But sometimes when I open my computer the audio is at 10% and I set the audio to muted the last time I used it. Help pls submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  7. How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the volume of the sound device down without turning down the volume of...: I was trying to turn the volume of an application up without turning the volume of the sound device up, but whenever the volume of the application goes above the sound device the sound device goes up as well. Is there a way I could prevent this from happening?...
  8. Sound won't turn up or down while airpods are connected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound won't turn up or down while airpods are connected.: So I'm trying to listen to Spotify and I connected my air pods but my volume wont go up or down. It stays as one volume and doesn't change. I can move the volume bar with my mouse but it doesn't change pitch its just the same volume the whole time. I don't know how to fix it...
  9. Window Turns down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window Turns down: Why the window turns down with no reason after 2 minutes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-turns-down/271e286a-a719-4601-99b9-ba4538f8ba5c
  10. Is there anyway to turn down the sound manually in the store?

Is there anyway to turn down the sound manually in the store?: So, I am Running Windows 10 Home, and I was browsing the store as usual, but I was trying to figure out how to turn down the music volume when I was testing the sound bit rate of it, is there a way to do that? Or is it just stuck at default sound? Also, is it possible to add...