Windows 10: Sound not working after last Windows update

Discus and support Sound not working after last Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is two years old and runs Windows 10. Ever since I first had it, the sound would often stop working until I restarted the laptop. I contacted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cassandraann1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Sound not working after last Windows update

My laptop is two years old and runs Windows 10. Ever since I first had it, the sound would often stop working until I restarted the laptop. I contacted Microsoft support and they remotely worked on my laptop and were eventually able to fix the problem (after more than one attempt).

I had not experienced this problem for over a year. However, after the last Windows update, I am now experiencing this problem again. The sound will not work after I come out of hibernate mode (possibly also in other scenarios, but this is what I have noticed so far) and I will have to restart the laptop so sound will resume functioning.

I am out of warranty so Microsoft support will not help me correct? Even though this problem came back after their windows update. What should I do to troubleshoot this issue?

:)

cassandraann1, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Nov 13, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working after last Windows update :p

cadaveca, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Sound not working after last Windows update

windows 10 sound schmes not working

Since you have already updated the sound drivers on your computer, we suggest that you run the sound troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the computer and select
      Troubleshoot sound problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Robelene Win, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Sound not working after last Windows update

1. Sound not working after last Windows update - Similar Threads - Sound working last

2. no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no more sound after last Windows 10 updates.: Sound card: Sound Blaster Audigy Fx.The speaker icon on the taskbar is showing a red dot with an X inside. The message when I put the curser on it is: "No audio device installed"...
  3. Sound speaker not working after last update last 03/29/2021

Sound speaker not working after last update last 03/29/2021: Please help. My audio is not working or is disabled after my laptop was updated last Match 29, 2021. Current edition is Windows 10 Homes Single Language, version 20H2....
  4. How to restore sound after last update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore sound after last update?: how do I restore sound on my pc after upda te? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sound-after-last-update/3fc161f4-2760-442f-90d7-bf5e1415a756
  5. In Game Sound Stuttering after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Game Sound Stuttering after last update: Hey guys there is some problem after last update when i am playing game the sound is stuttering. So is there any solution to fix this problem ? or is there any way to restore my laptop to before last update so the problem wont happen ?...
  6. No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...

No sound after last Windows 10 Update ...: After the last Windows 10 update on my laptop, I have no audio. When I hover over the speaker icon on my taskbar, it says no audio output device is installed. I followed several different instructions on going to the device driver and uninstalling the driver, etc., but...
  7. No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.

No sound after a Windows 10 update last year. Works after reboot.: Hello there, From around August last year or so, I have had to continuously restart my PC in order to get the audio output working. The sound does come back after a reboot, but what is remarkable is that the problem is across three separate machines. How this happened I do...
  8. Audio/Sound after the last update

Audio/Sound after the last update: After the last update of the operating system others can not listen to me. I've tried seveeral different possibility with no success. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audiosound-after-the-last-update/fdb9b237-77e0-4a80-9436-c3d6fb15ed39
  9. no sound, after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound, after last update: I have no audio on my Acer notebook; it has a red x on the speaker and when I click on it the troubleshooting box opens up but can't find the problem. Any ideas????...
  10. Sound notifications after last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound notifications after last update.: My PC started to send me sound notifications that something is opening then closing. The issue appeared after the last Windows 10 update. I don’t understand what is going on. The notifications are so annoying that I was forced to turn down computer sound....