Windows 10: Sound not working after updating audio drivers

Discus and support Sound not working after updating audio drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichalŠobr, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

Hey, after an automatic update from Windows Update on my Acer Nitro AN515-55 my sound both speakers and headphones stopped working and when you test the speakers it will give you a pop-up window with "Failed to play test note.". To repair that, I uninstalled the audio driver under Device Manager -> Audio inputs and outputs and also -> Sound, video and game controllers. Then I installed the drivers from Acer official page for my pc https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8305?b=1 and installed Audio Driver Version: 6.0.9054.1 and Audio Console Driver Version: 1.20

:)

MichalŠobr, Aug 27, 2021

2. NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mediaq/a...d00_audio_2d00_troubleshooting_2d00_tips.aspx

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Sound not working after updating audio drivers

AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Sound not working after updating audio drivers

1. Sound not working after updating audio drivers - Similar Threads - Sound working updating

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  4. Audio Not Working after Driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  5. Audio Not Working after Driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  6. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  7. Sound is not working after updating drivers

Sound is not working after updating drivers: I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-after-updating-drivers/0ac99e9d-e3a7-409c-884f-beb4f26039a0
  8. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...
  9. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  10. audio driver not not working after my update

audio driver not not working after my update: after the update of my hp laptop the audio driver is not working at all and it is showing cross mark as no audio device it is happend to all the hp users today after the update i will would like to inform you please check this and resolve the problem as soon as possible....