Windows 10: Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.

Discus and support Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, the sound will stop working whenever I open a game. Like the game sound will stop working. It will work in the main menu of the game, then I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lucas Steinmetz, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.

Hello, the sound will stop working whenever I open a game. Like the game sound will stop working. It will work in the main menu of the game, then I get into a game and the audio for my whole computer will just stop. I tried like uninstalling the audio drivers and all of that and it still doesn't work. This only happens when I am wearing a headset.

Another problem is that I am wearing a headset with a microphone built in and Windows 10 only picks up the speakers and not the microphone.

:)

Lucas Steinmetz, Apr 7, 2020
  2. PixelPoc Win User

Computer Not Using and or Not recognizing Headset Microphone

Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at the sound settings and saw that under the recording category, It shows a second microphone device that is only accessible by plugging in my headset. But when doing so I've noticed that when talking into my headset mic the recordings menu does not show any signs of sound. But if I tap my headset the sound meter goes up. This makes me think that my computer only picks up sounds around the headset and not the mic itself.

Here is an URL to my Microsoft support question there you can see a picture as well as some replies primarily by me.

Link) Headset Microphone Not Working - Microsoft Community

Other Info
    1) For my sounds, video and game controllers in the Device Manager I have High Definition Audio Device and Intel(R) Display Audio listed.
    2) I have a windows 7 upgraded to windows 10

PixelPoc, Apr 7, 2020
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Apr 7, 2020
  4. DT_99 Win User

Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.

Headset Microphone not picking up sound Windows 10

I have a Dell PC that works just fine. My Turtle Beach headset is a single-jacked 3.55mm jack. The headset works on my laptop, but when I plug into either the Mic input or Headset input the microphone won't pick up sound.

When I go into settings under Sound > Recording, no bars show up when I talk into the mic.

I have already uninstalled the specific drivers for the headset, both microphone and headphone. I have also completely uninstalled the default windows drivers. I have scanned them for updates, and still nothing.

Apps like TeamSpeak 3 will see that I have a mic plugged in, but no sound is detected.

Im sorry if I didn't explain this well enough. Im not too tec-savy. Please tell me if you need me to elaborate on anything.

DT_99, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone.

1. Sound not Working and Windows 10 won't pick up my headset microphone. - Similar Threads - Sound Working won't

2. Headset works but the microphone is not picking up any sound, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset works but the microphone is not picking up any sound, how can I fix it?: My microphone on my headset stopped working but it was working fine a few days ago and even if I did do something to mess it up I tried a system restore to when it was working. I've also checked in settings but it says it working fine it's the default microphone and plugged...
  3. Headset works but the microphone is not picking up any sound, how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset works but the microphone is not picking up any sound, how can I fix it?: My microphone on my headset stopped working but it was working fine a few days ago and even if I did do something to mess it up I tried a system restore to when it was working. I've also checked in settings but it says it working fine it's the default microphone and plugged...
  4. PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone: My pc won't pick up my microphone. Ive tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, watching videos on the subject, troubleshooting my sound problems, plugging in my mic through the rear and front. Nothing works, hopefully someone can help...
  5. PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone: My pc won't pick up my microphone. Ive tried everything, uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers, watching videos on the subject, troubleshooting my sound problems, plugging in my mic through the rear and front. Nothing works, hopefully someone can help...
  6. PC Won't Pick Up My Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't pick up audio from USB headset/microphone: I used to not have this issue with the same setup, but for some reason (and to be fair, I'm not sure what triggered it), my computer will not accept input from my USB microphone. I have a cheapo Corsair Void Pro headset. It has a 3.5mm connection but also came with a y...
  8. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  9. Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working

Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working: Realtek auto array Microphone doesn't pick up sound, was working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-doesnt-pick-up-sound-was-working/f3edc218-b259-44c6-8df2-5ab17d758055
  10. Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio

Microphone Picking Up Headset Audio: Hi, I am using a headset with microphone and when playing any games online friends have informed me that they can hear my game audio and themselves talking from my microphone. I have also tested to play music and mute the mic, via the physical switch on the headset, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aux jack mic on pc not picking up as input