Windows 10: Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

Discus and support Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was talking with some people and the all of the sudden my sound just quit and then on the bottom hot bar on the sound icon it says "audio service is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamFolden, Sep 21, 2019.

1. SamFolden Win User

Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

I was talking with some people and the all of the sudden my sound just quit and then on the bottom hot bar on the sound icon it says "audio service is not running. I went into services and saw that the service call "Windows Audio" i tried to use command prompt but it says access denied when i try and stop it.. Any help is appreciated.

:)

SamFolden, Sep 21, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

sound stoped working

First, make sure that ATi HDMI audio is disabled in the device manager. Restart.

If that doesn't work...

Uninstall your old sound drivers, then download and install the latest Windows 7 Realtek audio drivers and see if that works.

erocker, Sep 21, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    sound stoped working

for some reason today my sound stoped working with no change to anything, i noticed when i plug in the jacks at the back nothing happends so reltek manager doesnt show anything connected. am i right in thinking theres a common problem with my mobo that teh sound overheats

regan1985, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping"

1. Sound not working and windows audio stuck at "stoping" - Similar Threads - Sound working audio

2. Audio sound is not working in this windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio sound is not working in this windows: audio sound issues in the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sound-is-not-working-in-this-windows/a0f703c8-7348-49ee-82e0-f71e7afbb0b8
  3. Audio sound is not working in this windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio sound is not working in this windows: audio sound issues in the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sound-is-not-working-in-this-windows/a0f703c8-7348-49ee-82e0-f71e7afbb0b8
  4. Sound/Audio not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound/Audio not working: 1. Sound is not working 2. Volume Slider will only let me use it once every few minutes, then it wouldn't respond Same thing happens with volume mixer 3. Sound Settings either: Won't open, freezes when opened, or won't respond 4. Troubleshooting doesn't detect any...
  5. Microsoft sandbox stoped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working: i recently update to may update(1903) with update assistant. i enable Microsoft sandbox it even worked few times but suddenly stop working giving an error . failed to start. i tried to disable and enable again but nothing happens[ATTACH]...
  6. No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound. Windows audio is stuck at "stopping": Sound stopped. Normal checks did not help. Went into services. Widows audio stuck at "stopping" How do I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-windows-audio-is-stuck-at-stopping/ae8e6930-ed91-4b54-bba5-be39139a6b63
  7. Windows Activation Key Stoped Working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation Key Stoped Working: Hello I have a physical version of windows 10 Pro that I bought few years back. I didn't have any problems till few days ago. Suddenly Windows said that my activation key is about to be expired and that I need renew it. I tried to use my Product key on the back of the...
  8. touchpad stoped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad stoped working: Hi, my touchpad stoped working, so I have looked for some solution, I have found the microsoft's advise, open device manager, click on mouse and pointing devices... and I have discovered, that the touchpad app is just dissapeard from one day to another. What can I do now?...
  9. Mircosoft photos stoped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mircosoft photos stoped working: Every time I try to open photos it says system file error (-2147219196). video's work just fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/mircosoft-photos-stoped-working/9daef644-f566-4a07-a671-cdcd48b2fb7d
  10. Device Cenus Stoped Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Cenus Stoped Working: Like title say i get this error every day on specific hour,i don't know why i get this in the first place,the problem was appeared after June Cumulative Update and its keeps appear in my reliability monitor every day,its kinda frustrating because i do not know how to fix it....