Windows 10: Sound not working at all

Discus and support Sound not working at all in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 pro on my imac and everything went well until i noticed that the sound wasnt working at all i have tried everything on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MujtabaAlhamidi, May 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM.

1. Sound not working at all

I recently installed windows 10 pro on my imac and everything went well until i noticed that the sound wasnt working at all i have tried everything on microsoft community and nothing has worked can someone please help me get my sound to work.

thanks

:)

MujtabaAlhamidi, May 20, 2020 at 6:52 PM
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working at all :p

3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

4. Xylee Del Win User

Sound not working at all

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thema:

Sound not working at all

1. Sound not working at all - Similar Threads - Sound working

2. Sound not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound not working: I recently updated my windows to the newest version and ever since then my headphones aren’t working on my pc. Non of the headphone jacks are outputting any audio. I’ve tested it and it is the same issue for any headphones. My current audio setup consists of Bluetooth...
  3. Sound not working after Zoom meeting through Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working after Zoom meeting through Bluetooth: I have an issue where my music does not play through Bluetooth headphones after a Zoom meeting. It was working perfectly fine before, but after my Zoom meeting which I listened to and participated in using my Bluetooth headphones, the sound didn't work. The song was playing,...
  4. My Conexant SmartAudio HD Sound card stopped working after the last Windows 10 update

My Conexant SmartAudio HD Sound card stopped working after the last Windows 10 update: This happened to me a few weeks ago, and when I tried to update the driver for the sound card, it told me it was up to date, but there was a Windows update that might fix the problem. I downloaded it and it worked fine. Today, the problem happened again and the only message...
  5. Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open

Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open: This is a really strange issue. In order to use my bluetooth headset to listen to audio coming from my web browser Chrome predominantly but also others, I need to have the "Sound" settings panel open. It specifically has to be the "Sound" panel - if I click through so any...
  6. Sound isn’t working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound isn’t working: Sound isn’t working For some reason I can’t get any sound to work whether I have headphones or not. For some reason it does work when I am in audacity, but not in google, or in the windows manage sound devices test, or anything else I have tried. submitted by /u/adkl23...
  7. Sound not working

Sound not working: I installed vs community 2019 and restarted my laptop as suggested. Afterwards I can't hear anything from any videos notification sounds etc. I have tried updating my audio driver, uninstalling it restarting my pc so it is automatically reinstalled, checked setting...
  8. Sound works but is muted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound works but is muted: I can raise volume, but the PC mutes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-works-but-is-muted/8da6ba76-f8e3-4215-a0f0-89bc76ef4dc3
  9. Impossible to make Bluetooth sound settings work properly while in conference

Impossible to make Bluetooth sound settings work properly while in conference: Hi all, After weeks investigating, testing, attempts at fixing... I come to the community. Problem : I am having a very bad user experience with my bluetooth headphone BOSE QC35 II which is working fine with my personal MAC while working on my windows 10 laptop. *...
  10. Sound Not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound Not working: My sound is not working it says no audio output device is installed and I tried multiple things but it didn't work I looked on videos but it doesn't work it this is what it shows my I went on youtube and tried multiple things but it didn't work can you help with this...