Windows 10: Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

Discus and support Sound not working for youtube- etc...? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DryCreek Don, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh...

:)

DryCreek Don, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Sound issue while using Youtube

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Is the issue specific to YouTube?
    • Have you installed all pending Sound card and Windows updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Sound card and Windows updates in your PC.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

If the issue persists then refer the link below and follow the steps one by one from the drop down.

Fix sound problems

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 12, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working for youtube- etc...? :p

cadaveca, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

sound not working

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is the issue specific to only YouTube videos or the sound is completely gone?
    • Which browser are you using?

Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

I would suggest you to refer to the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please do try the audio troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

1. Sound not working for youtube- etc...? - Similar Threads - Sound working youtube

2. sound not working in youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound not working in youtube: but works in disney and amazon prime. i have recover,reset, restarted and downloaded updates to no avail. can you help PLEASE. Tony G. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-not-working-in-youtube/7592f0dd-197e-4726-8177-2409c5462139
  3. sound on youtube videos

sound on youtube videos: I can not increase the volume on down loaded you tube videos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-on-youtube-videos/796ece82-bfc5-4e30-89c4-f72ab268cc00
  4. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  5. Enveoriment sound effects dont work on Youtube 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enveoriment sound effects dont work on Youtube 1809: Hi, any idea why sound effect does not work in Win10 professional 1809, the effect I'm trying to use "Envoriment: Arena" from control panel>sound settings>playback>Enchements, its working locally on system but not on YouTube videos. I already did run sound troubleshooting...
  6. popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    popups on desktop from facebook, youtube, etc: I'm trying to stop the random popups on the bottom of my screen. Whether it's Facebook, YouTube, etc. Please, anyone tell me how to make them stop!!!!!! Thank you from "Waaay Over the Popups in AZ!"...
  7. Sound on youtub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sound on youtub: I have a problem with Youtube sound since it is really too quiet. When I turn on the audio file, it starts to sound normally in the beginning and then is getting quieter. I have to go to Realtek settings to make just one song sounds louder. And I have to repeat these steps...
  8. No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound

No Sound & Youtube Lags w/ No Sound: This morning everything was fine then after a while I lost all audio and got muted laggy playback on YouTube. I'm using Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134. My speaker is an Amazon Basics BSK20 Bluetooth unit. I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider when the sound cut out. The volume...
  9. Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.: My microphone is picking up all sounds from my device which includes game audio, music, browser sounds. When I'm in a call with friends, they say that they can hear whatever I'm hearing through my earbuds and that they can hear themselves talking. I have tried most of the...
  10. Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching not working for "Windows Update", "Sound", etc.: I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset and the search results...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. youtube sound not working properly