Windows 10: Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

Discus and support Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I just re-installed Windows 10. All sounds was working before re-install...External speakers, headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ahallich, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Ahallich Win User

Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

Hi,I just re-installed Windows 10. All sounds was working before re-install...External speakers, headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor. After re-install everything is working except the external speakers. Everything is showing up fine in device manager. All drivers are fine and say the best driver is already installed. 'Realtek Audio" external speakers, no longer shows up at the bottom right volume icon. If I go to System->Sound, 'Realtek Audio" doesn't show up either. If I then choose 'Troubleshoot' and choose 'Realtek Audio' and 'Next' it says 'The device does not

:)

Ahallich, Oct 18, 2021
  2. fireberd Win User

No sound from speakers/headphones

Disconnect the front panel headphone/mic jacks from the motherboard and then see if the rear panel GREEN speaker jack works (either with speakers or headset). This is in case the front panel jack is causing no audio out. Power off the PC before opening and disconnecting the front panel audio.

The connector for the front panel audio is listed as #21 on the motherboard drawing (below).

Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor [​IMG]

fireberd, Oct 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Hi, what sort of headphones are they? Plain ordinary analogue.. USB..?
    Do they require a driver? If so, is it installed ok?

There are several threads about headphone issues on this forum, so suggest you also try searching the forum for 'headphones'. May give you a clue.

E.g.
    Audio Issues - Quiet no detection of headphones - Windows 10 Forums
    Solved Cannot connect to bluetooth headphones after upgrade to Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

Mic/Headphone ports not working correctly - Acer Aspire 7745

The speakers are 'plugged in' already as it is a laptop. With no external mic, headphones or external speakers plugged in, the Sound Control Panel lists three things under 'Playback' - HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output' - the Speakers under 'Playback' is set as the default.

Under 'Recording' with no external mic plugged in these are listed - 'Microphone', 'Line In' and 'Stereo Mix' (Disabled) - the microphone (in this case, the internal one) is set to 'Default' under 'Recording' as well.

I don't have my headset here to test an external mic right now, but with normal external headphones plugged in, there is no change to the Sound Control Panel under 'Playback' - the same three listings (HDMI, 'Speakers' and 'Realtek Digital Output') with 'Speakers' set as the Default. If I make a noise, say, play a video, I can see the sound meters move to the sound, but no sound comes out of the headphones.

Darkstrike, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

1. Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor - Similar Threads - Sound working external

2. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  3. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  4. Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor: Hi,I just re-installed Windows 10. All sounds was working before re-install...External speakers, headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor. After re-install everything is working except the external speakers. Everything is showing up fine in device manager. All drivers are...
  5. Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working in external speakers, but works in headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor: Hi,I just re-installed Windows 10. All sounds was working before re-install...External speakers, headphones, VR headset, and ASUS monitor. After re-install everything is working except the external speakers. Everything is showing up fine in device manager. All drivers are...
  6. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  7. Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop

Sound - speakers/headphones - stopped working on ASUS laptop: With no intervening "event" - no new hardware or software or drivers installed Following the installation of a Cisco VPN client, the sound stopped working on my ASUS laptop. There is a red X over the speaker icon at the bottom right of the computer. Mousing over the icon,...
  8. No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works

No Sound From HeadPhones But Speaker Works: I Have a HP Pavilion g7-1355dx Notebook PC And I Just Upgraded From Windows 7 To Windows 10 And I Cant Hear Anything From My Headphones But Only From My Internal Speaker. The HeadPhones Work Fine On My DeskTop And They Dont Require A Drive. have tried updating the...
  9. Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound

Audio sound not working on speakers/or headphones. No sound: Yesterday my audio worked fine on both my speakers on my laptop (Dell Inspiron/N5110) and headphones. Then all of a sudden they stopped working. I have made sure that all the volumes are not muted. I did a troubleshoot on playing audio and it said low audio device volume...
  10. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No sound from headphones but speakers work.: Hello, I have a laptop - Asus GL551JW-DS71. My speakers work fine but when I plug in my headphones, I can't hear any sound from the headphones. The headphones do work as I use them for my desktop. I have tried updating the sound drivers from the device manager. I...