Windows 10: Sound not working in some programs

Discus and support Sound not working in some programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So some of the programs on my computer will not play sound, but others work just fine. For example, nothing in Minecraft and Chrome will play any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samuel Fedorchuk, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Sound not working in some programs

So some of the programs on my computer will not play sound, but others work just fine. For example, nothing in Minecraft and Chrome will play any sound(YouTube in Chrome), but Spotify and League of Legends will. I tried updating as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. I've checked all permissions and made sure the sound was actually on in the app. I've searched for an answer for a while and I've got nothing. Please help.

:)

Samuel Fedorchuk, Dec 7, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working in some programs :p

cadaveca, Dec 7, 2019
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Sound not working in some programs

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Sound not working in some programs

1. Sound not working in some programs - Similar Threads - Sound working programs

2. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  3. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    some programs arent working: programs like razer synapse and this type of programs.This ussie started when i accidentally installed a virus and yes im shure that i got rid of it so i if you can help me in any way that will be great...
  4. some programs arent working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some of my sound is working and some of it is not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my sound is working and some of it is not: For some reason, when I'm watching a video or playing a game, I can't hear the audio. But when I'm in a voice call with my friends, I can hear the audio. Trouble shoot won't work, for some reason it thinks the audio is working when it's not. I've restarted my pc countless of...
  6. Some of my sound is working and some of it is not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my sound is working and some of it is not: For some reason, when I'm watching a video or playing a game, I can't hear the audio. But when I'm in a voice call with my friends, I can hear the audio. Trouble shoot won't work, for some reason it thinks the audio is working when it's not. I've restarted my pc countless of...
  7. Some of my sound is working and some of it is not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some programs mute the sound of other programs SOLVED: Hi, I just figured this out myself because Microsoft refuses to answer this question. I don't know why they won't, but they won't. I'm posting this here because this answer needs to get out there. This is probably going to get taken down because Microsoft support hates...
  9. Some programs cant work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs cant work: Some programs can't work. After instalation I have white screen in program window. same program are working on another computer I have Windows 10 for example - team viewer cant see partner window...
  10. Surround sound not working for some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound not working for some games.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that certain games (such as Project Reality, the STALKER series and Killing Floor) do not have surround sound - only stereo. It looks as though there must be a driver issue as I never noticed this issue in Windows 7. The odd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound not working on some programs

2. sound not working for some programs

3. sound not working in older programs

4. headset not working for programmes