Windows 10: Sound Not Working in windows 10

Discus and support Sound Not Working in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I opened my computer this morning and noticed my volume was down. I can't change it with my volume buttons and apparently have no sound drivers? how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S-JAG, Oct 12, 2018.

1. S-JAG Win User

Sound Not Working in windows 10

I opened my computer this morning and noticed my volume was down. I can't change it with my volume buttons and apparently have no sound drivers? how do I fix this?

:)

S-JAG, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Not Working in windows 10 :p

cadaveca, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound Not Working in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Working

2. Windows system sounds are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows system sounds are not working.: I've been using windows 10 for about 3 years now, but I never had this problem. Today, everything was working fine, but then all of a sudden, system sounds stopped working. I still have the sound scheme set to "Windows Default" and I can preview the sounds in the page that I...
  3. Sound not working and Settings app crashes on App Volume and Device Preferences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound not working and Settings app crashes on App Volume and Device Preferences: My Windows version is given as Windows 10 - Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.765). Two days ago (May 14), after installing several updates via Windows Update, my system sound stopped working. I can't get any sound from either the built-in speakers or through earphones. In...
  4. Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired internet and sound stopped working after the update on 5/15/2019.: There were two updates on 5/15/2019. Right after the updates and resets, wired internet (ethernet) and sound were not working. Wireless internet was working though. Tried everything suggested on this site like checking the default sound device, updating drivers, and so on....
  5. The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work

The "Select Playback Device" option in the Sound icon doesn't work: Hi, This little window that appears when you click the Sound icon doesn't work 1 out of 3 times I start Windows, the solution is restarting Windows, which is super annoying. Is this a known bug and is there any solution? [ATTACH] Thanks!...
  6. The power, sound, and network notifications not working?

The power, sound, and network notifications not working?: Have you noticed lately, that in the notification area in the taskbar, the volume is not responding, the power and network icons are not coming up. That is happening on Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. I have gone in to settings to make sure they come up, but they still...
  7. windows 10 sounds not working properly

windows 10 sounds not working properly: Hello, I've upgraded my PC to windows 10 and sounds are not working properly. I can hear the sounds on headphone but not very clear. I barely hear if someone speaks and a lot of noise and the voice is distorted. I do not have built-in speakers in my machine. Volume is ok...
  8. Start menu/sound not working

Start menu/sound not working: Yesterday i was downloading a game from the microsoft store, suddenly my pc went to an unexpected error bluescreen and restarted, after restarting i noticed i could not click on the start button, or cortana, my sound has also stopped working, i have searched with internet for...
  9. my sound stopped working

my sound stopped working: first of all, yes my audio drivers are up to date. my audio randomly stopped working and I've tried just about everything. I have my headphones plugged in and I dont get any audio. [ATTACH] this is what shows up in the bottom right where my audio button is. when i click on...
  10. Sound not working on Yoga 920

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working on Yoga 920: My Lenovo Yoga 920 sound has stopped working through the speakers. I get sound ok through the earphones. I have run the troubleshooter and reinstalled the drivers without any luck. I have also installed the Realtek driver from the lenovo website without any luck. I suspect a...