Windows 10: Sound Not Working in windows 10

Discus and support Sound Not Working in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I opened my computer this morning and noticed my volume was down. I can't change it with my volume buttons and apparently have no sound drivers? how do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S-JAG, Oct 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM.

1. S-JAG Win User

Sound Not Working in windows 10

I opened my computer this morning and noticed my volume was down. I can't change it with my volume buttons and apparently have no sound drivers? how do I fix this?

:)

2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound Not Working in windows 10 :p

Thema:

1. Sound Not Working in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound Working

2. 5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 surrond only working in sound test mode: I recently bought an Asus Xonar DGX using an optical cable to my av receiver. When I use the test mode in windows sounds setting all the 5 channels are seperate and working, but as soon as the test stops my Receiver goes back to stereo. This is not a problem with my receiver...
  3. no sound worked yesterday not today

no sound worked yesterday not today: No sound. Worked yesterday not today. hdmi connection works for monitor not sound. TV displays as device for monitor but not audio. AMD not Intel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-worked-yesterday-not-today/07b057fb-8123-4f33-b4dd-8689e0e0c790
  4. PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work

PC shut itself down then sound doesn't work: Hi, Yesterday when I closed the lid, a while later it seemed to have shut itself down, and now it won't recognize its own speakers, the only way I can have sound now is to plug in additional speakers, or use my wireless headset. I have checked in the "Updates" tab in the...
  5. Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...: Earlier this week, Intel accidentally released version 9.21.00.3755 of the Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver through Windows Update, and mistakenly offered it to a range of devices running Window 10 version 1803 or 1809. If your device contained a compatible audio...
  6. Sound is not working on my laptop after update?

Sound is not working on my laptop after update?: When I check my speakers, there is a red X beside the speaker symbol. I tried to troubleshoot it, but it said it could not identify the problem. I checked Device Manager and I saw that my Intel High Definition Audio driver in my 'Other Devices' section had a yellow triangle...
  7. Sound not working

Sound not working: Hello, Last night I was watching a show on Netflix on my laptop (Which has Windows 10 Home) while using Apple earbuds which were plugged into the audio jack. When I finished watching my show I shut my laptop down. About an hour and a half later I turned it back on and...
  8. "no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10

"no sound device installed" audio does not work on HPnotebood with windows 10: The audio suddenly stopped working. The message in properties is "no audio output device installed". Is there a fix ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-device-installed-audio-does-not-work-on/db336d5a-68f9-403a-8f1a-62de651837b0
  9. Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working

Accidentally deleted the sounds drive and my audio is not working: I had a problem with my laptop speaker. It has a red cross next to the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. I tried to fix it but ended up deleting a drive called sounds, videos and game controllers, under Device Manager. How do I retrieve that drive as...
  10. Why isnt my sound not working?

Why isnt my sound not working?: Hello, I am making a forum post in regards to my Windows 10 sound failing to work. Even when I unplug my headphones, nothing will play. The only time I hear sound is when I plug my headphones into my microphone, the Blue Yeti. I have researched and tried multiple help guides...