Windows 10: Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Discus and support Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wallywest2, May 4, 2020.

1. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect it, I cannot play volume from my laptop speakers at all. The AMD high definition audio that used to show up for my speakers does not show up. When I right-click the volume icon it shows 'Speaker Setup UNKNOWN'. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers in device manager to no avail.

:)

wallywest2, May 4, 2020

2. No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, May 4, 2020
  3. txstoby Win User
    Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, May 4, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Plug in the headphones. Click on the start icon and start type "sound". Open the sound control panel that appears at the top of the list. Do you have an entry in the list of sound devices that looks like it would be for the headphones?

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

1. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in' - Similar Threads - Sound Working 'No

2. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  3. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged: after reinstall windows 10 no speakers or headphone plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-no-speakers-or-headphone-plugged/09f9bee2-88bf-43fe-8521-66392e32e827
  4. no sound, no speakers or headphone plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  6. headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers

headphones plugged in but sound coming from speakers: Hi,My daughter's new laptop HP Windows 11, purchased 8 months ago is having an issue with the headphones. In the last couple of days, whenever she plugs them in, the sound still comes from the speakers, not the headphones. These are simple wired in-ear headphones that work...
  7. No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked

No sound on speaker, but on headphone is worked: Hello,So last week I go to a computer repair service to replace my laptop's keyboard my laptop still on Windows 10. When I take it back, I noticed that the computer can't automatically switch between speaker and headphone. I bring my laptop again to them and they tried to do...
  8. PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLUGGED IN HEADPHONE BUT SOUND IS COMING FROM SPEAKERS: I am using an ASUS laptop and I am having Windows10. My problem is that when I am plugging my headphone the notification is coming that the device has been plugged in but when I am watching or listening to something the sound is coming from the speakers instead of the...
  9. no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound on speaker but have sound while plugged in headphone: my laptop suddenly does not have sound on speaker, only while i plugged in my headphone. I have tried every thing that discussed on the internet such as reinstall, disable the driver....
  10. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...