Windows 10: Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in

Discus and support Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My headphones randomly unplugs themselves. When I plug it back in sound works on apps like Google, Spotify, discord, but not on Minecraft. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElianaLouise, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in

My headphones randomly unplugs themselves. When I plug it back in sound works on apps like Google, Spotify, discord, but not on Minecraft. I have to restart Minecraft for sound to work again. It's obviously a software error because it works on google and Spotify but not Minecraft, so I'm not sure what to do.

:)

ElianaLouise, Jun 4, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

Plug in the headphones. Click on the start icon and start type "sound". Open the sound control panel that appears at the top of the list. Do you have an entry in the list of sound devices that looks like it would be for the headphones?

NavyLCDR, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones on the drop down arrow or else the sound will keep coming out of my speakers. Basically it is not doing anything automatically, so everytime I plug in headphones, or connect to the tv I have to change everything manually, and do the same thing when disconnecting or else there will be no sound atall.

I did read on the internet that by plugging in my headphones and then making them my default sounds device would work because it is supposed to automatically change when they are unplugged but unfortunately this is not the case for me. Also I am curious as to why even when I don't have my headphones plugged in, they are still listed under playback, but it does not say they are unplugged. I would appreciate anybody who can help me with this problem because I have run out of ideas.

Many thanks in advance

flyingdragon91, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in

1. Sound not working on certain apps when headphones plugged back in - Similar Threads - Sound working certain

2. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  3. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones not working when plugged in: So, when i plug in my headphones for the first time when i boot up my laptop, the sound comes from the headphones. When i unplug it and then plug it in again, the sounds comes from the speaker rather. No matter how much i unplug and plug it in after the first unplug it...
  4. Headphones not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  6. no sound when I plug in my headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    no sound when I plug in my headphones: When I plug in my headphones, windows turns the sound down to zero. I am on a windows 10 desktop computer that is a few months old. Today is the first time I've tried to use my old headphones. Following advice online I went to SOUND - COMMUNICATIONS and set it to NOTHING,...
  7. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....
  8. Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...

Spatial Sound works when headphones are connected via bluetooth, but not when plugged in...: I'm using Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones and when they're plugged into my laptop via the 3.5mm aux cable, the spatial sound option is greyed out and I can't figure out how to get it to work. When they're connected via bluetooth, spatial sound works fine and I can choose...
  9. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...
  10. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones: Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones...