Windows 10: Sound not working on Yoga 920

Discus and support Sound not working on Yoga 920 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lenovo Yoga 920 sound has stopped working through the speakers. I get sound ok through the earphones. I have run the troubleshooter and reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dudley_995, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Sound not working on Yoga 920

My Lenovo Yoga 920 sound has stopped working through the speakers. I get sound ok through the earphones. I have run the troubleshooter and reinstalled the drivers without any luck. I have also installed the Realtek driver from the lenovo website without any luck. I suspect a windows update may have caused this.

:)

Dudley_995, Apr 28, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Lenovo Yoga 920 / Qualcomm Atheros QCA61X4a -- slow wifi

Hi Krib,

Not sure why your Yoga 920 is acting up but if you've got Lenovo Companion you could open it and click System Update to see if there are any drivers for the Wi-Fi card. I'm running a 2017 Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and have no Wi-Fi issues. The laptop is running Windows 10 Pro. with the Fall Creator Update (1709).

Anyway see if there are any drivers for that laptop and go from there.

sygnus21, Apr 28, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound not working on Yoga  920 :p

cadaveca, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Sound not working on Yoga 920

Lenovo Yoga 900 Sound Not Working

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have perform to resolve the issue?
    Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update Audio drivers and check. If issue persists again reinstall latest drivers from manufacturer's website in compatibility mode:

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps
    applies to Windows 10)

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

You can also refer to the following link for additional information and check if this helps.

No sound in Windows :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applies to Windows 10)

Write to us with the status of the sound issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Nachappa C K, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Sound not working on Yoga 920

1. Sound not working on Yoga 920 - Similar Threads - Sound working Yoga

2. My Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop keeps crashing.: The laptop crashes into a blue screen with an error message and then reboots. Sometimes the crashes are as frequent as every few minutes. I am running Windows 10.Here are the crash reports:Application event...
  3. My Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop keeps crashing.: The laptop crashes into a blue screen with an error message and then reboots. Sometimes the crashes are as frequent as every few minutes. I am running Windows 10.Here are the crash reports:Application event...
  4. My Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo Yoga 920 screen turn off by itself: Hi guys! I would like to ask if somebody knows how to fix a Lenovo Yoga 920 laptop that suddenly shut down. It just started doing it this month. It is a 2 years old laptop. When the screen turn black, I can still hear the exhaust and the light on the power button is still...
  6. Yoga 920 USB C to HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Yoga 920 USB C to HDMI not working: Got a Lenovo Yoga 920 earlier this week. Plugged my USB C to HDMI adapter in and it worked for a few minutes and than stopped working. It is now identifying as a USB 2.0 Billboard Device which I belive means it isn’t configuring Displayport Alternative Mode properly....
  7. Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty: Hello all, my wife bought her lenovo yoga c920 through the windows store in calgary currently closed so we go online and all the windows site cares about is surface products. The warrenty is the windows one and it would be great if there is a contract number one can call...
  8. No sound coming from Lenovo Yoga 920 speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from Lenovo Yoga 920 speakers: When I try to listen to audio through the speakers of my Lenovo Yoga 920 with Windows 10, nothing comes out. I can hear sound through my wired earbuds or through a Bluetooth speaker but not through my actual laptop speakers. I have tried so many things and I am just sick of...
  9. Lenovo Yoga 920

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo Yoga 920: I've had my Yoga 920 for about 7 months. For some reason about 2 weeks ago my finger print scanner stopped scanning. As well, when I tried to restore it, Windows Hello blocked the option from me. How can this be resolved?...
  10. WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 BSOD on lenovo yoga 920: hello all, When my notebook gets off sleep mode, it, almost every times, crashes. It then generates a minidump file. this is the summary from the crash DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver : WUDFRd.sys caused by address : WUDFRd.sys+fbf4 crash address :...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall audio driver lenovo yoga 920

2. lenovo yoga 920 sound not working

3. bsod yoga 920 reset

4. yoga 920 audio not working,
  5. qualcomm atheros qca61x4a download free lenovo yoga 920